Pirate Discussion > Mega Drive/Genesis

Finding the "Unknown Russian Developers"

<< < (2/2)

Atomikku123:
I can't find the name "Kudos" on that site... Can somebody guide me?

wario1990:
"KUDOS" is the company that the developer is working for. The developer is known as "BMB", But I have a theory related to his identity, his actual pseudonym (as they credited themselves secretly on a hidden sublevel in level 9 in Mario 3) is CARI TZAR.

If we look this name up, we get the following results:

* CARI TZAR's account on a Russian forum dedicated to ROM hacking
* CARI TZAR's website
* An incomplete Sega Genesis homebrew game (made with the same SDK BMB's games are made on, SGDK) based on a PS1 game called The Neverhood, that they were working on back in 2009The incomplete homebrew game has similar physics to what you would find in a BMB game (might be a coincidence)
This might have been BMB's online identity before they got hired by KUDOS to work on games (Mario 3 is most likely the first game they worked on for KUDOS)

waluigi1991:

--- Quote from: HummerBootlegFan1992 on June 17, 2015, 04:43:18 PM ---But I don't see any evidence? And please don't say Koloblocks because I'm pretty sure it's developed by another company taking the Unknown Russian Developers' engine. <small><small>i don't even know what koloblocks is</small></small> Like Digimon Adventure was made by Sintax taking the engine of Pocket Monster by DVS Electronics Co.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: TALUIGI on June 17, 2015, 06:02:27 PM ---
--- Quote ---<dl><dt>HummerBootlegFan1992</dt><dd>Jun 17 2015, 04:43:18 PM</dd></dl><div>But I don't see any evidence? And please don't say Koloblocks because I'm pretty sure it's developed by another company taking the Unknown Russian Developers' engine. <small><small>i don't even know what koloblocks is</small></small> Like Digimon Adventure was made by Sintax taking the engine of Pocket Monster by DVS Electronics Co.
--- End quote ---
This page! Go and scroll! This site haves alot of RUSSIAN bootlegs.

Warning! Addicting game  :rolleyes:

Yeah. But weirdly, this game is better compared to the another games.  :O
Did they finally did right?  O.o

--- End quote ---
Koloblocks is a hack of the Sega Genesis port of Uwol: Quest for Money, made by Shiru, He released it in 2010 along with its source code, which is why you hear the game's sound effects and music in BMB's games.
This doesn't mean Uwol: Quest for Money is made with BMB's engine, or vice versa, BMB only took the sound effects and some of its music (like the title screen) and used it in their games

Vikograd:

--- Quote from: wario1990 on December 30, 2023, 10:27:15 AM ---"KUDOS" is the company that the developer is working for. The developer is known as "BMB", But I have a theory related to his identity, his actual pseudonym (as they credited themselves secretly on a hidden sublevel in level 9 in Mario 3) is CARI TZAR.

If we look this name up, we get the following results:

* CARI TZAR's account on a Russian forum dedicated to ROM hacking
* CARI TZAR's website
* An incomplete Sega Genesis homebrew game (made with the same SDK BMB's games are made on, SGDK) based on a PS1 game called The Neverhood, that they were working on back in 2009The incomplete homebrew game has similar physics to what you would find in a BMB game (might be a coincidence)
This might have been BMB's online identity before they got hired by KUDOS to work on games (Mario 3 is most likely the first game they worked on for KUDOS)

--- End quote ---

This sounds promising, even though there's no way to know for sure.
Also in the third link about the unfinished game it says CARI aka Tzar meaning it's not just his nickname but possibly his first name and his nick. However, since I don't speak russian myself and with the English translation on the website being quite janky plus Cari sounding like a pretty strange name, I'm not to sure on this.

Just thought it'd be intersting to share though.

SF-Human:
Recently I found a few news article about a Genesis port of Plants vs Zombies was shown on an event, and judging by the screenshot I'm 100% sure it's the BMB version. The video was privated, so I can't see it in action.
https://www.megavisions.net/heres-plants-vs-zombies-on-sega-genesis/
https://segabits.com/blog/2013/07/23/plants-vs-zombies-running-on-the-sega-genesismega-drive/
https://www.polygon.com/2013/7/23/4548548/watch-plants-vs-zombies-running-on-a-sega-genesis
https://www.seganerds.com/2013/07/22/heres-plants-vs-zombies-on-sega-genesis/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version