Pirate Discussion > Mega Drive/Genesis

NT published Genesis pirates

(1/3) > >>

Barver:
Well, I found an actual boxed original copy of Pocket Monsters on Genesis, and what immediately stuck out was NTs "Carson/KaSheng' name at the top right

If it's on this one, then it's probably safe to assume the whole ES series of games(which besides this one include Hercules, Mario Bros. 2 and Sonic Jam 6) were published by them. It also would seem to disprove that ES has any link to ESC, Waixing's old alias, since if Waixing made it I don't see any reason they wouldn't publish it themselves since they do that with all their Famicom releases.

I take it Pocket Monsters 2 is from them also, though as far as I know there's no versions that exist with an ES ID number.

BTW, how do we know NT are just publishers and not developers? I musta missed that :P

KingPepe:
Quote: BTW, how do we know NT are just publishers and not developers? I musta missed that[/quote]
On their NES games, they publish with the ID code of NT-xxx. They published a bunch of EHY games and Hummer games. (Along with 2 unknowns Shinshen Mahjong II or whatever that was called and Yuu Yuu Hakusho).

taizou:
ah, I had a half-arsed theory about that based on some of them saying "Hi-Game 1999".. good to have confirmation :D
Barver BTW, how do we know NT are just publishers and not developers? I musta missed that :P[/quote]
well I can't think of anything they released that doesnt seem to have been developed by someone else.. seems like the only things they made in-house were half arsed title hacks.

Barver:
I got what appears to be the original print of Mortal Kombat 5 today. So far it looks like we've got a rundown like this:

ES48001 Sonic Jam 6
ES48002 Mario Bros 2
ES48003 Hercules
ES12801 Mortal Kombat 5
ES12802 Pocket Monsters

Wonder what others there are. I feel like I forgot something already.

codeman38:
Hm, all of these are games that use the High Seas Havoc sound driver and that are based on licensed properties. I imagine all the others in that category (Aladdin 2, Mulan, and others I can't recall at the moment) must be by NT as well...

Edit: Oh yeah. Lion King 3. And probably Top Fighter and KOF too, now that I think about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version