Pirate Discussion > BootlegGames Wiki

Wikia's New Layout

<< < (2/5) > >>

KingPepe:
Er, the beta is not on those wikis anymore.

Also another article:

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Susan_Taylor/Fixed_Width,_Sidebar,_and_the_Removal_of_Monaco

Those people aren't liking that new layout too much.  :P

Barver:
Not liking how everything is squished to the side. Almost feels like they want it to feel more like a blog now than wikipedia.

Whenever it comes to change of any sort no one can never do it right! Either that or it just takes getting used to.

taizou:
It kinda makes more sense now I've seen it on a netbook. but then again the old one works on netbooks, *and* super-ultra-high-res widescreen monitors, so yeah. the old one does look pretty dated, and it is probably in need of an update, but they definitely could have handled it better. it is way harder to design something that works at any width, but a site as big as Wikia should really put the effort in. to me it just looks like they couldn't be arsed.

taizou:
well the new layout is now visible on all wikis (if you have "new wikia look" selected in your preferences). so i guess we have two weeks to get it looking nice before it becomes the default.

the navigation bar basically sucks at the moment so i'll get on fixing that up. and then maybe fuck about with the theme if no one objects. :Dwell i've put up a kind of temporary theme anyway.

imo the front page could use another column to work well in the new layout, but that'd mean it'd look cramped in the old one (which I guess lots of people will still be using). which is the exact opposite problem all the other pages have :D

KingPepe:
I'm considering on moving to ShoutWiki seeing how the new Wikia layout has been causing some headaches and eye problems really. Last thing I need is someone pulling out their own eyeballs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version