Pirate Discussion > BootlegGames Wiki

Wikia's New Layout

(1/5) > >>

KingPepe:
I apologize that I haven't told anyone about this way earlier but Wikia is planning a layout change for all wikis. I've seen the layout before and it's nothing horrible compared to Youtube's and if they do another beta, I could show you guys. The new layout is coming in 5 weeks. Now if anyone doesn't like the new layout, I'm not sure what to exactly do. If most of you hate it I will move it maybe (but moving 144 articles is a BIG ASS) but when it does come, at least try to adjust to it. The layout is nothing compared to Youtube's shitty layout though.

taizou:
yeah I just noticed that yesterday. it looks decent enough at the top, but the article space is way too narrow IMO. I can live with it though.

Awesome Panda:
From what I've heard, that might actually work fine for me seeing as I have a widescreen monitor which probably excels with this sort of thing. Has anyone got a screenshot to show what it looks like?

taizou:
you can already see it on five wikis: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Susan_Taylor/Experience_the_new_Wikia
itll probably be worse on a widescreen monitor though. its fixed width so you'll only get more blank space at the sides. whereas the old version takes up all the horizontal space you can give it.

Awesome Panda:
That page reminds me a lot of the time Youtube changed it's layout (for the worse) which is not exactly the best of omens if you ask me. <_<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version