Author Topic: Question about Rockman MegaWorld (Wily Wars) pirate repros  (Read 3491 times)

Tansut

• View Profile
Question about Rockman MegaWorld (Wily Wars) pirate repros
« on: August 05, 2011, 01:42:49 AM »
Do they generally come with a battery so you can save your progress?  I bought one recently and I'm super jazzed to finally getting to play it, but to get to the Wily Tower you have to beat Mega Mans 1-3 first and I'd rather not have to do it in one epic sitting, especially since Mega Man 1 is one of the hardest Mega Mans for me.

I unintentionally got a pirate copy of Mario & Luigi (oh my naivety in thinking that a copy of the game from China could possibly be legit) and it came with a battery, so are the chances good?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:00:40 AM »
From my experience, pirate carts rarely ever come with batteries. The only ones I'm aware of that do (apart from what you mentioned) are GBC pirates.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:38:33 AM »
No Rockman Megaworld pirates ever come with a battery from what I've seen. I've had a single cart and also a multicart with each three of the remakes split as a separate "game", and neither cart recorded your progress.

Only point in getting a pirate of this game is if you want the game for cheaper than the original, but nothing you can do about the battery as far as I know :(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:39:29 AM by Barver »

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »
Well, if you buy an actual homemade reproduction it'll probably have a battery in it, since most repro makers pay attention to that kind of stuff. Then again the price will be about 10x what an actual pirate cart would be.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »
Yeah, you might as well buy the real cart if anything.

Tansut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
Ahhh, dang.  Well, I'll probably play it for a little bit and just try and resell it for what I got out of it and buy a repro somewhere down the line.

Thanks guys!