Other Stuff > Discussion Center

New version of Press Start font

(1/2) > >>

codeman38:
For anyone who's at all into old-school video game typography, I've posted an all-new, completely revamped version of the "Press Start" font (the one based on the font from all those old arcade games) on my fonts page.

The main reason I'm bringing this up is for the benefit of the international crowd here. Unlike the earlier version of the font, which just supported Latin-1, this new version of the font includes support for all major Eastern European languages. And yes, this includes Cyrillic.

Feel free to make any critiques here, too-- if any kerning looks off, any characters look just plain wrong, or whatever. I'll gladly incorporate them into the next version.

Edit: Oops, just realized this probably would fit better into the "Big Old Arcade" forum...

PlayerSecelt:
Oh, that looks really good! The PressStart font has even got the Croatian "š đ č ć ž" letters!

Ninja-Kun:
Haven't realized of this topic until now. Thanks Codeman! :)

Awesome Panda:
Forgot to comment on this until now. (I have a habit of doing such a thing, especially on Youtube :P ) I was gonna make a NES-style font myself, but I haven't got a clue how to make Truetype fonts. :\

PlayerSecelt:
Oh, I know that there are some programs for making custom TT fonts, Google might help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version