Pirate Discussion > BootlegGames Wiki

Large amount of specific release date addition

<< < (2/2)

MLX:
fcgamerOct 25 2015, 01:55:57 PMIf the wiki would stop stealing pictures without crediting sources (or better yet, asking permission first when applicable) and also would stop giving so much attention to fan products (i.e. the wiki page for Metal Force talks about an unauthorized "reproduction" of the game), then maybe I would be more willing to make corrections.  But I hate the way that "collecting" has turned these days, and I personally don't think fan-made fakes should be recognized on an info wiki, and likewise also feel that when swiping pics from others in the community, credit should be provided.[/quote]You can flag any unwanted or uncredited picture-s on the wiki by PMing an admin or moderator. Most of them were added by contributors that may not be aware of such specificities.
And we're constantly removing fan products related content. We know it's innapropriate and we keep deleting it when it appears. I often check the recent edits but I often miss some stuff. I've deleted quite a bunch of those recently, you may have/haven't noticed but we keep doing it when we notice. Also I think it's in the rules but nobody reads them err.

Quote: Regarding other errors, I do post questions on here from time to time, with things that I "question".  It would be nice to hear more responses to my questions / doubts, even via pm or skype or whatever.  If I have some doubts, maybe I don't want to just disclose my reasons / train of thought publically.[/quote]

I'm very busy this year. I've no clue what you're referencing there and I guess I missed it. (And you may have noticed that i'm almost never online on skype)

msf007:
So it looks like I have to consider those additions as false info for now, and I reverted one article left unfixed - Sonic the Hedgehog for SNES.

And I found something even more strange on that article - did JY Company published that hack??

MLX:
I saw that today too. I remember thinking about this since the PCB was manufactured by the exact same company (and it has some others similarities) but I do not remember saying it was published by JY (and I kinda doubt it was).
Althrough I highly suspect JY tried to enter the SNES market at some point as there are a bunch of labels using the exact same fonts and design as their later FC (Nxx) multicarts. That must have been in 1998-99, not before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version