Pirate Discussion > Hacker Center

Pirate games that could be greatly improved with small hacks

(1/3) > >>

djshok:
So, a lot of the pirate games are complete unfixable/unplayabe crap.  But then there are some games out there that are so close to being decent (or even great) that it's almost painful to see them brought down by some small issue.  It seems like quite a few games out there could be fixed with some minor hacking.  Let's see if we can make a list.  

Here's a few that I can think of now.

A Bug's Life - Genesis - This game would be alright if the damn jumping/running worked better.  I wonder if it would be possible to write a Game Genie code to apply to the rom or somehow hack the thing to make the jumping better.  Hell, even if you could just make him jump higher this game would be better.

Tiny Toon Adventures 3 - Genesis - This game is basically good, it just really bugs the hell out of me how that rabbit doesn't have any legs in the title screen.  That and the very Engrish intro back story.

X-Men VS Streetfighter - SNES - Iceman flickering out during kicks.  Yeah this game isn't the best, but it's relatively bug free except for that one very noticeable animation glitch.

Pepper-98:
That's like over half of pirate games out there.  I can think of over a dozen different games by Waixing, Sachen, Sintax, even Vast Fame that could be much better with small changes.  Two examples of some halfway-decent Waixing games are Digital Dragon, Wizard of Oz, and almost every bad RPG.

Awesome Panda:
The Lion King 5 would be alright(ish) if those nightmarish game over screens were edited out.

Also, I'd do an NSF replacement for Somari if I was any good at assembly. Mind you, it'd still need better controls. :P

Oh, and I wouldn't mind those Inventor hacks if they retained the original soundtracks.

Yoni Arousement:
Here's what I'm thinking:

Somari: *Be able to kill enemies whilst spin dashing, shorten the delay when losing a life.
*Oops, I was thinking of Sonic 3D Blast 5 / Sonic Adventure 7 / Pokémon Adventure

Pokémon Stadium (SNES and MD): Limit the amount of consecutive defense/evade attempts, or have a 20 second time limit when deciding which move you want to use, to add the Arcade feel to it.

Pepper-98:
Lorenzo The ComicFeb 27 2012, 01:46:28 PMHere's what I'm thinking:

Somari: Be able to kill enemies whilst spin dashing, shorten the delay when losing a life.

Pokémon Stadium (SNES and MD): Limit the amount of consecutive defense/evade attempts, or have a 20 second time limit when deciding which move you want to use, to add the Arcade feel to it.[/quote]THAT REAL ARCADE FEEL, JUST LIKE GATES OF THUNDER!!  Another thing to add to Somari is the ability to have control of your character during a spindash/roll.  It sucks to use it to kill an enemy only to roll right into a spike pit.  <_<  By the way, you can kill stuff while spindashing, you just can't stop your character.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version