Author Topic: does anyone know how to fix TVs?????  (Read 907 times)

150JYH

• Bootleg game fan
    • View Profile
    • bootleg blog/hub
does anyone know how to fix TVs?????
« on: March 09, 2023, 01:17:56 PM »
so i have this small RCA tv, it has the plugs i need for my retron video and audio, but the video keeps freezing, and this is the same for any console, the video randomly freezes, and it happpens randomly too, sometimes it taakes 20 seconds to freeze, sometimes it only takes 5... quite annoying
if anyone has troubles with the same thing and fixed it, let me know, im really stumped... i cant find anything online...
[scroll]1 5 0 J Y H[/scroll]

chronbass

• hocus pocus!
    • View Profile
    • chedzone
Re: does anyone know how to fix TVs?????
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 04:04:08 AM »
When you say freezing... what exactly do you mean? (And, is it happening for all other inputs on the back of the TV?)

If it's the video-input freezing instead of the whole TV, have you tried different RCA cables (assuming this is what you're using) with console hardware that you know works? (It might just be the ones you have are a bit old or broken, even if they don't look like it on the outside - if you've tested multiple inputs but with the same cable, then the issue would still occur across all consoles). Does the audio freeze as well? Or just the video?

Also, what model television have you got? (Year/Brand/Model). It could be the power cables you're using as well, or the actual socket on the back of the TV.

Unless you're referring to the whole TV black-screening every few seconds (? is that what you mean? Apologies I'm not too sure what you mean by 'freezing' without more context - is the TV responsive at all in these freezing episodes? Or is it just your connected inputs?).

Best of luck :)
  "awful rushing"?? you can say that again!