Pirate Discussion > Famicom/NES

miscellaNEouS files

<< < (8/8)

forgotusername:
Does anyone know if there's ever been a conversion of Armadillo/Mario IV to standard mapper 4 (or if one would even be feasible)? AFAIK all dumped multicarts containing the game use weird registers to "mimic" mapper 118 behavior, but aren't outright mapper 4 conversions.

NewRisingSun:
There is none, and I doubt one can be made without rewriting major parts of the game. One-screen mirroring is such a different way of programming a scrolling routine that the original publisher would rather use different hardware (TLSROM rather than TLROM) instead of just adapting the game for more common hardware.

lancuster:
This archive contains the original (unmodified) ROM image of the game Fighting Road and an abandoned half-ported to MMC3 mapper (fixed only PRG registers).

forgotusername:
I doubt I'll get an answer for this one, but it's been a lingering question for a while. I was wondering if two FDS games - All 1 and Clox, both part of the Famimaga Disk series - could theoretically be converted to standard NES format. I question this as most of the files on the disk appear to only be splash screens and copyright notices; the actual game data is ~24k in size, with 8k CHR for graphics. If the extra notices were removed, could the games be converted to 40k NROM (with 32k PRG/8k CHR)? I can't find much information on how FDS conversions are done, other than that game conversions using only one disk side seem to be more prevalent.

I've attached unmodified extracts of the (non-splash screen) files in a .nes-like structure; naturally they don't work as-is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version