Author Topic: Tiny Toon Adventures 3 + ROM  (Read 22099 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Tiny Toon Adventures 3 + ROM
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
Edit: ROM is now available. You can thank Azathoth for dumping it, me and my $150 bounty that got me this game last year, and andlabs from Sonic Retro for helping defeat the protection. Here's a pre-fixed ROM:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7MJQVWK

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:36:44 AM by Barver »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
Screenshot #2 - Wait, Ozzy Osbourne is the antagonist? Also, the plot mostly sounds like a general description of North Korea. :lol:
Screenshot #3 - Should be pretty obvious what that's ripping off. :P
Anyway, have you tried searching "Tiny Toon 3 Adventures" on Google or whatever search engine you use?

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
Haha, trust me I've spent MORE than just a few hours searching the whole internet under every term you can think of, and some you wouldn''t. I've already tracked down at least 5 different copies that exist. Just getting them is impossible :/

And now that you mention it, the story looks like it might be all a metaphor for North Korea :P

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
ooh O: looks good! hopefully youll be able to find it soon. thats the first I've ever heard of a Mega Drive Double Dragon pirate too.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »
Yeah, gotta be Gamtec or a closely related company. Those fonts are definitely from PC Paint, and I don't remember any other MD devs using them. (And I think I've seen the font used for "Press Start Button", too, despite it not being from the version of PC Paint that was released into the public domain.)

I love the ripped-off graphics from Super Mario World. Lulz. And I swear I've seen some of those other levels somewhere else.

Also? The Japanese text on the back of the package is about... Mickey Mouse and Disneyland. Of course.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »
Well, I plan to get one of those Sega CD Transfer cables if I ever find it, so rest assured I'd try to dump it. That's why people should sell it to me. I don't plan to only hoard it =p

BTW, anyone curious where the box art is ripped from:

Back of the box is the Japanese text stolen from Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibouken for SNES. On that note, the cover of that game I'm sure some may recognize a little "influence" on another Gamtec favorite, Squirrel King

Edit: Seems I've been beaten to the punch by codeman!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:36:03 PM by Barver »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »
Barver
Sep 1 2010, 07:34:33 PM
Edit: Seems I've been beaten to the punch by codeman![/quote]Yeah, but you actually identified the game, I just recognized the kana for "Mickey" and "Disneyland". :D

Also, I know I've seen those heart icons before. I was thinking Rocket Knight Adventures, but that's not it. It's not one of the official Tiny Toons games either. And now I'm trying to rack my brain to remember what they are from...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:59:01 PM by codeman38 »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 08:10:10 PM »
Guess I'm not alone there. I recognize those hearts too but I can't remember where from. Definitely feels like an SNES game though...

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
Incidentally, Barver, are you planning on adding the pictures to the TTA3 page on the Bootleg Games Wiki? I just added the Great Circus Mystery trivia, but haven't added any screenshots because I didn't know if it was OK.

Oh, just noticed something else. On the manual page from Fengshen, as shown in the Wiki article, the cover art is different. Squirrel King has the background from Great Circus Mystery, while TTA3 has a background from something else entirely.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:32:41 PM by codeman38 »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 11:19:33 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about, the cover arts in the manual look normal to me o_O

I considered adding stuff to the Wiki, but wasn't sure how that'd work since there's so many. Usually a shot would accompany gameplay description, but since I've yet to play it I don't really know what I can write up since I'm still in the dark as much as everyone else.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 11:36:39 PM »
I finally found a copy!!! :D

Hopefully it will get here fine, I'll report back once I have it. As far as dumping it goes, I lost so much money making this transaction it's gonna take a bit to recoup enough to get back into buying anything :/ Ah well, at least the holy grail of pirates will be in safe hands now :)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »
awesome! congratulations :D

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »
That is awesome, let's hope it'll be fine when it comes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:54:51 AM by KingPepe »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »
It was FINALLY shipped today. Damn Western Union assholes being so anal about how you write people's names :x

Holiday season better not screw with the shipping. I'm giddy like a golden girl just waiting!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:25:31 PM by Barver »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 05:12:32 PM »

As I sit here writing this, I finally hold in my hands a copy of Tiny Toon Adventures 3  :yay: After waiting for so long it's such a relief, I swore the package was probably lost or damaged. This sort of paranoia always sets in whenever I expect something, I'm just glad it ended happily.

I'll let everyone know my impressions of it after I play it.

~Alf
Just finished playing it.

Like was suggested to me by the guy who provided the pics, it's a mediocre game. Well, to me it's still got its charm and I wouldn't say it's horrible, but it's obviously one of the earlier efforts of Gamtec. Physics are pretty basic feeling too.

There's only 5 levels, Each level is basically four different screens you progress through, then the boss. Part of the gameplay that relates to the story is that you free animals, each stage has a different animal that always comes out of trashcans that you jump on. It's sort of ironic considering all the enemies in the game are animals too =p Freeing animals is only for a score though, just as meaningful as the enemy defeat tally in Super Mario World 64.

The music is pretty plain, though a couple of stages were catchy. The last level sounds like it's possibly based off of Three Blind Mice, but then turns into its own thing. By far the best music was in the Super Mario World rip-off levels. There's actually two of them for some reason. The music in those levels are a bit more chip-like sounding, I'm not sure how to put it. I'm pretty certain the music engine is the same thing found in other Gamtec titles, like Adventurous Boy and Squirrel King.

It's pretty much a 30 minute game, not too hard to beat. Bosses are too easy. Overall I wouldn't rate it above Lion King II or Squirrel King, my favorite Gamtec games, but it still isn't all that bad. Don't expect much though. The only level left out of the rar file at the beginning of this topic is the 4th level, which comes after the Mario World rip-off you see. It's yet another Mario rip-off, complete with more turtles that leave their shells for you to kick when you jump on them, to a bunch of pigs in parachutes. Catchy music too :) You can see a pic of this level in the back of the box, very right pic in the center. The final boss also is shown at the top left. Dunno why they'd spoil it so quick :P It's interesting though that all the scenes shown in the back of the box aren't actually in the game, it looks like they just took the level graphics and made mock-ups for the box or something.

I'll add a bit to the wiki now. As far as dumping goes, I probably won't get to it immediately, but I'll buy a Sega CD transfer cable and try my luck eventually. Considering it's a pirate I don't have high expectations for that to work though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:21:41 PM by Barver »