Author Topic: Finds  (Read 131019 times)

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Finds
« Reply #315 on: October 13, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »

Latest Taobao stuff.  The blue GB game is just a Li Cheng release of Dragonslayer Chapter Surrounded and the bottom is a legitimate SFC game.  The grey GB game is a SKOB RPG that, oddly enough, features both Pokemon and Digimon characters.  It's very slow, the music is ear-splitting, but it's functional at least.  The game boots with this really odd logo that I can't quite describe, so I jotted the logo in MS Paint down so you could get an idea:

I've been neglecting showing some footage of the latest games I got, but I'll do that today.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #316 on: October 13, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
Dliu*sy.dz (or Dliu*sy.d2)? What kind of mess up is that? :lol:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:01:36 PM by Robbi »

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »
Qiezei, could you possibly make a video of the digimon/Pokemon game in the image above? I'd really like to see game play :)

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »
I remember seeing that cartridge before, forgot all about it. Since I know your YT channel i assume a video will be coming eventually :)

Edit: http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21210150884079

Been a while since seeing Vast Fame carts, but is this possibly a copy of one of their carts? In which case it might have protection cracked and be dumpable.

Or I don't know what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:26:20 PM by Barver »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »
Barver
Oct 15 2012, 09:28:57 PM
I remember seeing that cartridge before, forgot all about it. Since I know your YT channel i assume a video will be coming eventually :)

Edit: http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21210150884079

Been a while since seeing Vast Fame carts, but is this possibly a copy of one of their carts? In which case it might have protection cracked and be dumpable.

Or I don't know what I'm talking about.[/quote]It's hard to say.  I got a copy of the game in a similarly generic black cart and it still booted with the V.Fame logo.  And speaking of Zook Hero...

Got these in the mail today.  A Chinese copy of Street Heroes by Sachen and a loose cart of Zook Hero 2 that came with three regular GB games.  Oddly, Zook Hero 2 doesn't boot with "V.Fame" but a weird "TESN(?)" logo.  I've already scanned the Street Heroes game so I'll post that at my blog.  I gonna try to scan other stuff I've gotten over time.  Oh, and the video of Digimon D-4 is coming, I've just been too busy to get it up.  I swear you guys.

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
You always get to videos eventually, don't feel pressured =p

That's the first time I've ever seen that game boxed. Fancy side to the box there, too. None of their other games had that I think.

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2012, 10:04:15 AM »
What do people think of the games in this image? (Put in the spoiler below to avoid making a long post)
I'm interested in the game third row second to last.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Uhg just realized this was meant for interesting stuff for sale elsewhere. Sorry for putting it here :|
But anyway here the link
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:35:31 AM by Picrodus »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
Hey, I won something just obscure on eBay five days ago. It came in the mail today and it is..

Digimon 2 in a GBA cart shell! I know there's been only one other Makon found in a GBA shell (Watari's Pokemon Jade SPA) buut, I bid too much for it (£6.50) :P
It's english nonetheless, with the same engrish in Watari's Digimon Diamond video.
Btw I stole the pic from the ebay listing, as I cba to take a picture. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:17:15 PM by Robbi »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Finds
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
RobGBA
Oct 25 2012, 03:16:32 PM
Digimon 2 in a GBA cart shell! I know there's been only one other Makon found in a GBA shell (Watari's Pokemon Jade SPA) buut, I bid too much for it (£6.50) :P
It's english nonetheless, with the same engrish in Watari's Digimon Diamond video.
Btw I stole the pic from the ebay listing, as I cba to take a picture. :lol:[/quote]I wouldn't have bothered paying £6.50 for something to burn but that's just me. :P
Earlier today, I managed to find a 40 in 1 Mega Drive multicart by TatGames which includes a load of those homebrew Mega Drive games that Tec Toy published. I haven't been able to play it though as it's a Japanese style cart that doesn't fit in a European one.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:14:13 PM by Awesome Panda »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2012, 12:19:12 AM »
A video review (in French) of a newer version of the NJ Pocket. Looks to be one of the versions released by Qi Sheng Long, judging from the menu.

One interesting thing is that they changed the music in some of the games! Most notably, the ones that ripped off music from Tetris Attack. Which is especially funny, because Waluigi and Yoshi are on the system's menu screen.

Edit: Looks to be a variant of this model from QSL.

Also, somehow I missed that TechMamba had posted an hour-long playthrough of the NJ Pocket. (The original one, that is, with 60 games and Tetris Attack music in half of them.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:45:53 AM by codeman38 »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »

Top-right to bottom-left:

Digimon Game #1: It's just a mono game called "The Guardian of the Universe."  Seems kaijuu themed.  Boots with "Nintendo"

Digimon Game #2: This was supposed to be the Xing Xing game "Digimon Taichi Chapter" but the seller didn't have it.  This one is a title hack of Digimon 3 Crystal, which also has a screen of Chinese text before the intro.  The title calls it "4 Digimon Something" which is different from the name given in the aforementioned screen.  Anyway, aside from these things it's the same as the newer dump of the game.  Boots with "Nintendo"

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: An untouched release of Crazy Richman 2!  Boots with "V.Fame"

House of Flying Daggers - Sky Dragon Chapter: Li Cheng release.  Boots with "Niutoude"

Pokemon Diamond: English version; nothing special.

Digimon Pocket: V.Fame RPG, no different from the other single cart releases.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
Oh look! Something in the mail adressed to me..
A multicart! Known as "Perfect (The Lion King) 11 in 1" on the cartridge (sorry but I cba to upload a picture) and on the menu, its "SUPREME 11 IN 1". They're getting Sintax out of business for that consistency(!)

It contains: The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Contra: The Alien Wars, Klax, Master Karateka, Tetris, Motocross Maniacs (US version), Hyper Lode Runner, Bomb Jack, Pop Up (I think they hacked the title with a PLAY GAME, but I dunno. It just seems to not be in the same font) and Flipull!

Ray found it for 99p and got it for me. It was worth the money guys.

ClassicGamer

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »
I collect pirated and unlicensed stuff, mostly for the NES. I got myself a Super Joy 3 the other day. N64-controller shaped famiclone, has '76000' (around 100) Famicom games on it, and has a famicom cartridge slot. It also comes with a gun and a master system-like controller.
I'm also a little trade away from Action 52! But I'm not sure if that's something one should celebrate...

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #328 on: December 23, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »
Amazing shit at my local car boot sale!

Zone 40:£5 (sensor broken, just tested. D:)

Mega Joy 2:£4

(not pirated, but 76 PS1 games for £5(damn it all burnt cdrs))
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:15:49 PM by Robbi »

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #329 on: December 25, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
My Christmas present finds!  :D

First we have two famicom games: The one on the right I believe is either Pokemon red or yellow and the other I haven't got around to testing yet.

Next we have A Pokemon rumble cart which doesn't seem to do anything.  :'(

Then a famicom game with Pokemon FIW: A nuts and milk hack.

Now this is cool. This is a no repeat gba cart with a lot of Pokemon hacks that I special ordered from a Thailand site.

A multi cart from Brazil. Just repeated hacks.

And the one I've been waiting for. Monster Go! Go! 2