Author Topic: More pirate game console videos  (Read 3983 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
More pirate game console videos
« on: May 30, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »
From German YouTuber "00thedarkness":

Tchibo Pocket - Clearly Sunplus-based Jungle Soft. Some of the games are the same as the Zone 60!

Overmax Basic Player - 8-bit Jungle Soft, complete with the usual Contra sounds. Includes some games I hadn't seen before, though they're blatant ripoffs of more famous puzzle games. Oh, yeah, and Nice Code's track-and-field games-- what is this, the second time we've seen Jungle and Nice Code mixed in together?

Micro Game Power 40-in-1 - It's 16-bit Jungle Soft again! Also, what is it with Chinese devs cloning "Don't Pull"? Also, HORRIBLY OFF-KEY MUSIC.

GB Station Light - The version with bootlegged copies of licensed games. Ho hum. Though it does include the Mario hack of Joe & Mac, at least.

But by far, the most interesting of these has to be...

48-in-1 Sports Game - This one's new to me, though I know I've seen screenshots of its games before. A strange mix, and all 32-bit. There's definitely some Cube Tech on there (with the accompanying Italo tunes), but there's also a good deal of Niutai games like Horrific Collapsar. And again, a lot of Niutai's stuff blatantly rips off JungleTac, even in its music!

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
codeman38
May 30 2011, 11:55:07 AM
Overmax Basic Player - 8-bit Jungle Soft, complete with the usual Contra sounds. Includes some games I hadn't seen before, though they're blatant ripoffs of more famous puzzle games. Oh, yeah, and Nice Code's track-and-field games-- what is this, the second time we've seen Jungle and Nice Code mixed in together?[/quote]At least. The Cyber Arcade Center I have has games from both companies thrown in.

In fact, I suspect it might be a rebranded version of that. All of the games on that video (from what I remember) were on the CAC.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:01:56 PM by Awesome Panda »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »
Cheetahmen
May 30 2011, 11:59:37 AM
At least. The Cyber Arcade Center I have has games from both companies thrown in.

In fact, I suspect it might be a rebranded version of that. All of the games on that video (from what I remember) were on the CAC.[/quote]Ah, yeah, it probably is a rebranded version of the CAC, or at least the same ROM, anyway. The chassis is completely different, which is odd; usually they carry over the chassis design with the ROM.

The menu is completely identical-- it's not shown in the review, but the poster of that video also made a blog post with screenshots.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
Most of the games on that 48 in 1 seem to be 32-bit versions of the ones from the Wiii3. and its the same deal there, some are blatant ripoffs of Jungletac titles, some seem to be updated version of Cube Tech's with the exact same stolen music. They all have decent graphics but they control terribly, I'd bet the 32-bit versions are no different.

I wonder if Niutai is a bunch of ex-Cube and Jungletac people? neither company seems to have been all that active recently, Jungletac has mostly been re-releasing the same old stuff since about 2006.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
taizou
May 30 2011, 01:01:12 PM
Most of the games on that 48 in 1 seem to be 32-bit versions of the ones from the Wiii3. and its the same deal there, some are blatant ripoffs of Jungletac titles, some seem to be updated version of Cube Tech's with the exact same stolen music. They all have decent graphics but they control terribly, I'd bet the 32-bit versions are no different.

I wonder if Niutai is a bunch of ex-Cube and Jungletac people? neither company seems to have been all that active recently, Jungletac has mostly been re-releasing the same old stuff since about 2006.[/quote]Ooh, that may very well be the case. I really wish I could find more than the same few business listings on Niutai.

No doubt Wise Wang is involved in all of this somehow.  :D
Incidentally, I just noticed that the packaging for the 48-in-1 is almost identical to that for the 48-in-1 Wiwi32, save for the actual "Wiwi32" part.
Somehow I'd totally forgotten that the Arctic GC Pro has many of the same games as on the Wiwi32. I guess that must also be by Niutai, then! (Not to be confused with the Arctic GCm, which is by Senca.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:55:51 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »
Funny how the WiWi32 has the "Hamy" branding, which apparently means that Nice Code were involved from what I've read.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »
Cheetahmen
May 30 2011, 05:58:14 PM
Funny how the WiWi32 has the "Hamy" branding, which apparently means that Nice Code were involved from what I've read.[/quote]Nah, "Hamy" is entirely Qi Sheng Long's trademark; they also own the "Miwi" brand. Their consoles  have included games by Waixing, Nice Code, Cube Tech, and now Niutai.

Edit: ...See Taizou's comment below. I'm getting all my Chinese pirates mixed up.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:28:33 PM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »
Wiwi is Qi Sheng Long, but Miwi is Macro Winners as far as I know (might even have derived it from their own name I guess - MW-MiWi). I don't think any QSL console has had Waixing or Cube games on it, only Nice Code/Niutai, and one handheld with Nanjing's I think. Macro Winners were the ones that used Cube and Waixing games, and Senca for some of their newer consoles. Funny how neither company used the same developer's games though.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »
Ooh, another Niutai/QSL connection! The music in Wiwi32 Baseball is the exact same tune as the menu of the EZi 18-in-1 cart (as reviewed by RetroGamerVX).
taizou
May 30 2011, 06:25:30 PM
Wiwi is Qi Sheng Long, but Miwi is Macro Winners as far as I know (might even have derived it from their own name I guess - MW-MiWi). I don't think any QSL console has had Waixing or Cube games on it, only Nice Code/Niutai, and one handheld with Nanjing's I think. Macro Winners were the ones that used Cube and Waixing games, and Senca for some of their newer consoles. Funny how neither company used the same developer's games though.[/quote]Yeah, you're entirely right... and I knew that, but I just got momentarily confused. There are so many of these companies that I've started getting them mixed up. :lol:
On QSL and Nanjing, incidentally... yep, they did indeed release something with Nanjing's 16-bit games.

Here's a picture of it, with menu on screen, from Qi Sheng Long's Alibaba page.

Interestingly, that one's branded as "Overmax"-- the same company that released the 8-bit JungleTac console featured in one of the videos I linked above. Weird.

Edit: Ah, that explains it. Overmax is a Dutch-Polish company that's similar to DreamGear, i.e., a company that licenses stuff from a whole bunch of different OEMs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:22:58 PM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
Yeah, I have an Overmax branded version of a QSL console with mostly VT03 Nice Code games built in. i'm definitely going to record some videos of that, there are some fairly interesting games buried in there amongst the usual stuff.

edit: this one. that's the Overmax version's box despite QSL's crude attempts to edit out all the logos.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:39:08 PM by taizou »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »
taizou
May 30 2011, 07:37:03 PM
edit: this one. that's the Overmax version's box despite QSL's crude attempts to edit out all the logos.[/quote]That ought to be submitted to Photoshop Disasters.  8D