Author Topic: Questions about Sachen  (Read 2257 times)

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Questions about Sachen
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
I have a few questions regarding the former Taiwanese company Sachen:

1): Who was the founder/owner?
2): Why it broke?
3): Can it come back?
4): If I want to found a game company, I want to call it Sachen and I want to make a new Q Boy game with official license, would that be legal with the right papers and stuff? If so, how can I find the owner for a ownership and rights transfer?

Thank ya all for your time.   :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:00:45 PM by harimepuffle »

fcgamer

• View Profile
Questions about Sachen
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »
harimepuffle
Jun 28 2015, 10:00:20 PM
I have a few questions regarding the former Taiwanese company Sachen:

1): Who was the founder/owner?
2): Why it broke?
3): Can it come back?
4): If I want to found a game company, I want to call it Sachen and I want to make a new Q Boy game with official license, would that be legal with the right papers and stuff? If so, how can I find the owner for a ownership and rights transfer?

Thank ya all for your time.   :) [/quote]#2.  It was closed down due to a piracy-related charge.

#1, 3, and 4:  Please don't tread on my toes.  I have been working on the Sachen thing for years, don't want someone else to rush in and steal it from me.

Regarding new games, we all remember how great that turned out with Greg Pabich and the Cheetahmen remake.  Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Questions about Sachen
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02:49 PM »
fcgamer
Jun 29 2015, 12:20:00 AM
#1, 3, and 4:  Please don't tread on my toes.  I have been working on the Sachen thing for years, don't want someone else to rush in and steal it from me.

Regarding new games, we all remember how great that turned out with Greg Pabich and the Cheetahmen remake.  Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.[/quote] :huh: Interesting, will look into this further in the future though. I'm hopeful for something good eventually.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Questions about Sachen
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »
fcgamer
Jun 29 2015, 12:20:00 AM
#2.  It was closed down due to a piracy-related charge.[/quote]really? :o I've never heard about that before - do you have any more details or a link to a court case or anything?