Pirate Discussion > BootlegGames Wiki

How about BGW in Russian?

(1/4) > >>

brightentayle:
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be one of those projects that may be abandonded by me after a while or two, but here's the catch. Many retrogamers from Russia and nearby countries still don't know, let's say, what is Hummer Team, they don't know that Hummer is still active, they don't know that Harry's Legend is actually a hacked Titenic, and yet most of them don't know the actual developers of certain games, generically dubbing those as "fucking Chinese pirates".

So, why can't BootlegGames Wiki have a Russian spin-off?

And I do mean HERE.

Just for starters, I've copied mine and Taizou's layout to it and made a stubby translation of an article about Somari. Without pictures, sure thing.

KingPepe:
Oh, that's wonderful, I really don't hope you abandon this! I've always wanted to see the wiki having multilingual support. I could probably request an interlanguage language link with the Russian one so it's possible to switch over to that from the normal wiki (and vice versa). I suggest you should find someone that's willing to translate to help you out.

brightentayle:
ConbonJul 4 2012, 08:36:22 AMOh, that's wonderful, I really don't hope you abandon this! I've always wanted to see the wiki having multilingual support. I could probably request an interlanguage language link with the Russian one so it's possible to switch over to that from the normal wiki (and vice versa). I suggest you should find someone that's willing to translate to help you out.

[/quote]I'll be honest, I dunno who is gonna help really, although if the Russian BGW is more or less advertised, then it's quite possible we might get volunteers that will give some translation aid.

And yes, yes, the language selection tab would be awesome.

Aleximus:
Very nice! I'm glad to see this russian version and can help.

brightentayle:
AleximusJul 5 2012, 05:04:26 PMVery nice! I'm glad to see this russian version and can help.[/quote]Do it then!  :whistle:

Naturally, you would simply translate the articles from English to Russian, which is not such a complicated task per se.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version