Other Stuff > The Big Old Arcade

AVGN Kid Kool Revew

(1/4) > >>

ThunderBlastMan:
New review from Angry Video Game Nerd on the NES game Kid Kool. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/718421

taizou:
i've legit never seen one of this guy's videos before. now i'm not sure why i bothered lol.

and i like kid kool! it has this quirky sort of character that a lot of vic tokai games have. although it's totally the game savestates were invented for.

Awesome Panda:
Meh, I've played Kid Kool before and I thought it was basically Psycho Fox except nowhere near as good. I sometimes disagree with the AVGN (M.C. Kids and Top Gun being examples), but this is not one of those cases. Also, call me a cretin if you want but I find those videos to be entertaining.

taizou:
ha. nah i won't call you a cretin, it's just my preference - those RAWR I'M SO ANGRY ALSO FUCK AND SHIT AND BALLS type reviewers aren't my thing. although i will say he does it better than most of the 12 year olds i've seen attempt that kind of review on youtube lol.

i prefer the likes of Ashens though, his reviews are mostly negative too but he's also not afraid to say when he thinks something is actually good. so when he slags something off you know it comes from the heart, he's not just doing it because he feels obliged to or something. :Dalso this is nothing to do with the topic but i just noticed every thread in this movie forum was posted by supersonicdude91 and not one of them is about a movie. :D (unless you have a *very* loose definition of "movie")

Awesome Panda:
taizouAug 8 2011, 09:16:25 PMi prefer the likes of Ashens though, his reviews are mostly negative too but he's also not afraid to say when he thinks something is actually good. so when he slags something off you know it comes from the heart, he's not just doing it because he feels obliged to or something. :D[/quote]I prefer both sorts, but I'd agree with you on that one. With my reviews, I tend to be like a poor man's version of Ashens (hence why I labelled some of them Yet Another Ashens Ripoff). Similar to those videos, I just stick a camera in front of my TV while giving a vague description of the game in question, having likely shown that game about 47 times before (like that Street Fighter ripoff that Ashens reviews). TBH, the main reason I even bother with those videos is because I have too much free time nobody else does. :P But enough shameful self-promotion, I'd just like to say that as long as the reviewer can pull off their style well, then some people are bound to enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version