Author Topic: Shanghai Paradise Science & Technology Co., Ltd  (Read 3421 times)

MWK

• ContraBanda.eu
    • View Profile
    • www.mwk1.prv.pl
Shanghai Paradise Science & Technology Co., Ltd
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:55:03 PM »
Hi there everyone. Sorry I begin my first post with new topic already (I've been lurking around that forum for some quite time now and finally decided to join in :-), but I'd like to ask you about one particular company, yes, the "Shanghai Paradise Science & Technology Co.".

I know there are some informations scattered here and there, but I haven't found anything solid, so that's why I'm making this topic, to gather all data about Shanghai Paradise and their list of games. I apologize if there already is similar thread, if so, please point it out and shut this one up.

Now, it's a pity there is so little we know about this company, at least I didn't find anything solid, so let's just start with the logo/copyright screens and stuff.
Here is something that most of you have already seen, a starting screen from "Super Hand On '97" cartridge that I accidentally came across :

+ I hope taizou won't be mad at me if I quote him :

Quote:

here's the 2nd copyright screen:

the text is:
上海天苑科技实业公司
版权所有
总经理:曹怀贞
1997年元月

which is something like:
All Rights Reserved
General Manager: Cao Huaizhen
January 1997[/quote]

Here is a game cart along with the PCB >>
Spoiler: click to toggle

Next stop - possible games list.
Please take a look at the "serial" number, it's GD-97.
A while ago I've stumbled across another Paradise Science game at ruten, that happened to have GD-98 number >>
Spoiler: click to toggle

It's "Blood of Jurassic" (獵殺侏儸紀) >> http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21312077666607

Does anyone know what kind of game is this?
Also, if there are two games in order, what about the other ones?
Is it possible that there are about 98 games produced/developed by that company?

Thank ya'll in advance for any kind of contribution.
I'm totally glad to be here :dance:

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »
Wow, what is it with all of the interest in this company all of a sudden?!?

Anyway, good to see you here mate :)  I need to respond to your PM over at FW, but have been lazy, sorry ;)

With the Jurassic game, it is a fun light fun game, though there doesn't seem to be any real ending / point to the game as far as I can tell.  Just complete the round / stage, choose another stage, etc.  The one stage is also programmed quite poorly, imo, as it always causes my Famiclone to crash and glitch.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
fcgamer
Dec 8 2013, 03:11:45 PM
With the Jurassic game, it is a fun light fun game, though there doesn't seem to be any real ending / point to the game as far as I can tell.  Just complete the round / stage, choose another stage, etc.  The one stage is also programmed quite poorly, imo, as it always causes my Famiclone to crash and glitch.[/quote]SpaceNinja won't be satisfied with this.
Though I might plan on playrunning it.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »
I'll have to dig up some of the stuff I have on all these companies but Shanghai Paradise is very closely linked to a later company called Inventor, I think both were owned by Cao Huaizhen. There's some more info on Inventor here: http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Inventor

Many of their original games are only (so far) known to exist on plug & play consoles but likely some/most/all of them received standalone cart releases too. I dunno if theres really 98 of them though, it seems kinda suspicious that 97 and 98 have both surfaced but nothing from 1-96 has..

also welcome to the forum!

MWK

• ContraBanda.eu
    • View Profile
    • www.mwk1.prv.pl
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »
fcgamer, taizou, thanks for the intel.
I guess I saw one or few of those "hacks" either on 150 or 245in1 those taobao kickass multicarts, however as for that "Blood of Jurassic" I'm kinda shocked a bit, are you guys saying that you already own that cartridge, or better yet have a dumped rom?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
it only came to light very very recently - fcgamer has a cartridge and there's that one on ruten you linked, those are the only two known I think. there's no rom as far as i know.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
MWK
Dec 8 2013, 05:47:27 PM
fcgamer, taizou, thanks for the intel.
I guess I saw one or few of those "hacks" either on 150 or 245in1 those taobao kickass multicarts, however as for that "Blood of Jurassic" I'm kinda shocked a bit, are you guys saying that you already own that cartridge, or better yet have a dumped rom?[/quote]Yeah, I've had one of those cartridges for maybe 6 months to one year, but honestly don't remember when or where I picked it up.  I thought the game seemed fun enough, but never had much information on it, so I was quite surprised the other day when so many people started to become interested in it.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »
KAGE-008
Dec 8 2013, 03:24:18 PM
fcgamer
Dec 8 2013, 03:11:45 PM
With the Jurassic game, it is a fun light fun game, though there doesn't seem to be any real ending / point to the game as far as I can tell.  Just complete the round / stage, choose another stage, etc.  The one stage is also programmed quite poorly, imo, as it always causes my Famiclone to crash and glitch.[/quote]SpaceNinja won't be satisfied with this.
Though I might plan on playrunning it.[/quote]Fucking hell, that's soooo rewarding

Edit: also hi MWK :)