Other Stuff > The Big Old Arcade

The end of the game.com

<< < (2/3) > >>

SF-Human:
Question: Can the website load normally in Game.com

Ninjinister:

--- Quote from: Mr. Sound-About on July 15, 2020, 07:33:18 AM ---Today's update:

When I discovered that the UK version of the game.com Internet package featured a slightly different box, manual, and cartridge label than the US version, not to mention additional inserts, my initial reaction was, “No. NO! NOOOOO!!” I bought it anyway, knowing full well I'd have to scan everything. Yuck. But now the dirty deed is done, and the downloads are waiting for you over on the scans page.

--- End quote ---

And we love you for it, man.

Ninjinister:
Oh snap the Small Soldiers game was supposed to be a fighter!?

Mr. Sound-About:
The 1999 Tiger Electronics toy fair catalog recently landed on my doorstep with a big ol' thud, which would have been fine – if I didn't have to scan it. Sadly, duty calls. So I brought it inside, snipped its binding rings, carefully removed all of its game.com related pages, aaaaand... D'OH!! The pages were too wide to fit any of my scanners! Grrrr! Thanks, Tiger: you have screwed me again.

But, whatever. After a bit of disgruntled scanner shopping, I found myself in possession of a brand new Plustek OpticSlim 1180 jumbo flatbed scanner (very expen$ive): perfect for the task of properly archiving the aforementioned catalog pages.

And... HEY!! There's some interesting stuff here, y'all: namely info & pics for a slew of unreleased games. So have a look!

The end of the game.com

Mr. Sound-About:
High time I added some new interviews, isn't it? After all, I had two former Tiger employees on the horn back in June of 2020 [!]. Why not finally share our convos with the world?

First up is Anthony Grimaud, who was the Regional European Sales Director at Tiger Electronics from 1995 - 2002. Then we have Marc Rosenberg, the Senior Vice President of Marketing at Tiger Electronics from 1987 - 1998, and Executive Vice President of Marketing from 1998 - 2003. Give 'em some applause!

These gentlemen were kind enough to share their unique, firsthand insight into the ups and downs of the game.com, and of Tiger in general. The resulting interviews – which I've just finished properly transcribing and editing – are the most in-depth and extensive yet, to appear on this website!

Anthony Grimaud interview
Marc Rosenberg interview

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version