Pirate Discussion > Hacker Center

Making a VT02 Zuma Clone

<< < (2/2)

guyzis:
Can't you use HxD for pallettes?

kelvin donna:

--- Quote from: guyzis on April 10, 2020, 09:12:17 PM ---Can't you use HxD for pallettes?

--- End quote ---
well:

my goto product for palletes is actually NES Palette Editor (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/428/)

the problem is, i can't edit wild cards for backgrounds, such as for my Raid on bungeling Bay hack.
and even with something like a hex editor, the wild cards are unable to change.

the case at Bubble blaster is even though the sprites are alright, the pallete is still destroyed and not changeable at all

lancuster:

--- Quote from: guyzis on April 10, 2020, 09:12:17 PM ---Can't you use HxD for pallettes?

--- End quote ---
The problem is that the palette in VT03 JungleTac ROMS, as in Waixing VT03 ROMs, is stored separately. If you try to switch this ROM to NES mode, it will show completely random palette data, which will not work correctly in NES mode.

kelvin donna:

--- Quote from: lancuster on April 11, 2020, 10:54:17 AM ---

--- End quote ---
The problem is that the palette in VT03 JungleTac ROMS, as in Waixing VT03 ROMs, is stored separately. If you try to switch this ROM to NES mode, it will show completely random palette data, which will not work correctly in NES mode.

--- End quote ---
exactly, that is my thought too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version