Author Topic: Earthworm Jim 3 by Waixing?  (Read 7900 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Earthworm Jim 3 by Waixing?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 05:45:33 AM »
Well the game itself is definitely a complete ripoff of Earthworm Jim 2, although if I remember correctly the staircase level is supposed to be a bonus stage. (I don't remember the original game very well) The sound engine sounds like the one used in Chengdu's games and Waixing's earlier games and one of the sound effects sounds like it was taken from the keyboard typing game off the keyboard Famiclones.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
Cheetahmen
May 21 2011, 05:45:33 AM
Well the game itself is definitely a complete ripoff of Earthworm Jim 2, although if I remember correctly the staircase level is supposed to be a bonus stage. (I don't remember the original game very well) The sound engine sounds like the one used in Chengdu's games and Waixing's earlier games and one of the sound effects sounds like it was taken from the keyboard typing game off the keyboard Famiclones.[/quote]Yeah, that's definitely the same sound engine used in Waixing/Mars RPGs (e.g., Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy 5).

...And they left the salamander level in! I don't recall either of the existing EWJ2 pirates including that. Wow. Of course it controls horribly (what, salamanders can't move while floating?), but still.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:39:15 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
codeman38
May 21 2011, 12:37:49 PM
Cheetahmen
Well the game itself is definitely a complete ripoff of Earthworm Jim 2, although if I remember correctly the staircase level is supposed to be a bonus stage. (I don't remember the original game very well) The sound engine sounds like the one used in Chengdu's games and Waixing's earlier games and one of the sound effects sounds like it was taken from the keyboard typing game off the keyboard Famiclones.[/quote]Yeah, that's definitely the same sound engine used in Waixing/Mars RPGs (e.g., Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy 5).[/quote]And Super Contra 7, I assume. I'm pretty sure this game is a rebranded version of Earthworm Jim 3, the title screen kind of looks like it was made up in 5 minutes.

BTW, KingPepe beat the game earlier and mentioned that there's some credits in Chinese. Not sure why he hasn't bothered posting this yet but whatever.

Now I'd like to see a dump of Monkey King, seeing as that looks like a poor man's Batman: Return of the Joker IMO.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
codeman38
May 21 2011, 12:37:49 PM
Cheetahmen
Well the game itself is definitely a complete ripoff of Earthworm Jim 2, although if I remember correctly the staircase level is supposed to be a bonus stage. (I don't remember the original game very well) The sound engine sounds like the one used in Chengdu's games and Waixing's earlier games and one of the sound effects sounds like it was taken from the keyboard typing game off the keyboard Famiclones.[/quote]Yeah, that's definitely the same sound engine used in Waixing/Mars RPGs (e.g., Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy 5).

...And they left the salamander level in! I don't recall either of the existing EWJ2 pirates including that. Wow. Of course it controls horribly (what, salamanders can't move while floating?), but still.[/quote]Super Game's EWJ2 did have the salamander level in there.

And yeah, forgot to mention the ending here.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
The elevator stage was mandatory to get to the 2nd half of the first level IIRC, just like in this pirate.

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »
I agree with that.