Pirate Discussion > Super Famicom/SNES

Are these SNES Pirates?

(1/2) > >>

ClassicGamer:
I just found a lot of SNES games on Kijiji, and noticed that some of them look at bit off.
What's going on with Super Mario World, Super Tennis, and Super Ghosts and Ghouls? The bottoms of the cartidges look different.

Attachments:

* __KGrHqV__pcE_v8GkcE_BP3Jp6TyH___48_20.jpg (116.66 KB)

Awesome Panda:
I'm not familiar with US SNES carts, but I assume they are. It looks like whoever made them got confused with the Super Famicom/European cart designs or something.

Pepper-98:
Yeah, the others are typical U.S. carts, while the games in question seem to be a mixture between U.S. and European/Japanese carts.  I've never seen official carts over here with that oval slit at the bottom, so whoever bootlegged them likely got their designs mixed up.

Awesome Panda:
QiezeiJun 18 2012, 07:27:10 AMYeah, the others are typical U.S. carts, while the games in question seem to be a mixture between U.S. and European/Japanese carts.  I've never seen official carts over here with that oval slit at the bottom, so whoever bootlegged them likely got their designs mixed up.[/quote]Sounds about right. Seems kind of pointless as well, as I doubt those carts would fit in a European SNES.

taizou:
Maybe they were made to fit in both. Can't see any other reason why they would have done it, other than maybe to get around a design patent on the original cart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version