Author Topic: Abab Soft  (Read 20253 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »
I've always thought that the backgrounds in Harry's Legend looked more like something from the early 20th century than something set in the 1990s. Though maybe I'm just projecting now that I know there's a Titanic game with the same backgrounds... :)

Edit: Oh, wow. Something I never realized in Harry's Legend until now: if you press B+A in stage 2 and up, you can throw a broom. And it uses up some of your life meter in doing so. O_o
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:37:18 AM by codeman38 »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »
I've noticed that before which is odd...I wonder what it is in Titenic.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
A few other random observations on Harry's Legend:

* In the sprites, the digits '01493' are separate from the digits '25678'. I wonder if this is an indication that this was hacked from a Somari Team game from 1993 or 1994? Or maybe it's just a coincidence. It just doesn't make sense why the numbers would be separated like that, though.

* There's a pair of sprites in there whose sole purpose appears to be replacing the "P" in "Potter" in the HUD with a "B". Yeah, like that will make the game totally non-infringing. :P (I've also seen a version out there, not yet dumped, in which the HUD reads "Harry Legend".)

* The letters to spell out "Jack" and "Rose" in the gradient font are not there, for whatever that's worth.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:09:51 PM by codeman38 »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »
Quote:

Edit: Oh, wow. Something I never realized in Harry's Legend until now: if you press B+A in stage 2 and up, you can throw a broom. And it uses up some of your life meter in doing so.[/quote]
That's what I found out before :P

MLX

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Bumping because of this:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:CAT-5E-Wall_Outlet.jpg

It matches color and name !
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:05:37 PM by MLX »

Brn89

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »
I know I haven't read all the posts here, but I wonder what other pieces of crap games ABAB Soft have developed.
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Abab Soft
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
BrydoRX
Mar 9 2011, 08:25:06 AM
I know I haven't read all the posts here, but I wonder what other pieces of crap games ABAB Soft have developed.[/quote]If I remember correctly, ABAB Soft actually published the games at some time or another. The games themselves were made by ex-Hummer Team employees (although the programmer is probably new, given the poor quality of the games when compared with Hummer's work), I'll try listing them here.

Mortal Kombat 4
Panda Adventure
Space Shuttle Exploration
Rings (apparently based off Lord of the Rings)
Titenic (sic)
Harry's Legend (a hack of Titenic)
A DDR clone I forget the name of
The Hummer (yet another Somari hack)
The Legend (Street Fighter IV hack)
The Duck/The Egg
War

Not entirely sure if MK4 was before Hummer stopped producing games, but it's pretty poor when compared with their previous fighters.

Brn89

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »
I know that ABAB Soft is formed by ex-Hummer Team members, but I didn't know they were behind Harry's Legend. However, War and Space Shuttle Exploration are the two games that interest me and I hope one day they get dumped.
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
Brydo, ABAB Soft isn't a developer but a publisher. They only published the games and sold them. They weren't formed by EX-Hummer members. (EX-Hummer themselves are the developer. It's not the name of the team but we call them that due to the fact it's only a few Hummer members in a group)

And Cheetah, Mortal Kombat 4 had a bunch of clones before. (Ture MK3 most likely being the first one, developed after Tekken 2 (most likely) and before Street Fighter Zero 2 97) Also Titenic is a much higher quality then some of the other games (then again, they were developed after I think KOF96 was made)

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:18 PM »
After some investigation of the ABABsoft website, As well as some famiclones made by DreamGear, I think I might see a connection.

-Space Shuttle Exploration was released on the Arcade Gamestation 101-in-1 as Space Destroyer Exploration.
-Dragon Running from the Hot Dance 3-in-1 was released on the ill-fated Arcade Gamestation 60-in-1
-War of Strike Mouse was released on several DreamGear consoles under different names and (sometimes) changed graphics
-Panda Adventure was released on the Arcade Gamestation 60-in-1 as well as the Plug-n-Play 86-in-1
-A game that I think is a hack of chase h.q., Police Vs. Thief Violent Chasing, was released on several dreamgear consloes.

Also, the DreamGear famiclones have an intro screen with a website before the menu, just like the ABAB multicarts.
Scary, Ain't it?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:02 AM »
Linkrulezall
Mar 31 2011, 10:40:18 PM
-A game that I think is a hack of chase h.q., Police Vs. Thief Violent Chasing, was released on several dreamgear consloes.[/quote]Sorry to disappoint you, but it's just a game where you drive around in a Pac-Man style maze in an attempt to drive into criminals. It's nowhere near as fun as it sounds. I'm guessing ABAB and DreamGEAR licensed the games from whoever programmed them and made their own menu screens for them. ABAB never licensed any Nice Code games as far as I'm aware and aside from the intro, the menus are completely different.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
Cheetahmen
Apr 1 2011, 04:34:02 AM
Linkrulezall
-A game that I think is a hack of chase h.q., Police Vs. Thief Violent Chasing, was released on several dreamgear consloes.[/quote]Sorry to disappoint you, but it's just a game where you drive around in a Pac-Man style maze in an attempt to drive into criminals. It's nowhere near as fun as it sounds. I'm guessing ABAB and DreamGEAR licensed the games from whoever programmed them and made their own menu screens for them. ABAB never licensed any Nice Code games as far as I'm aware and aside from the intro, the menus are completely different.[/quote]Yes, I own these consoles, so I know what police vs. thief is. However, I've never played chase hq.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
Linkrulezall
Apr 1 2011, 10:44:45 AM
Cheetahmen
Apr 1 2011, 04:34:02 AM
Linkrulezall
-A game that I think is a hack of chase h.q., Police Vs. Thief Violent Chasing, was released on several dreamgear consloes.[/quote]Sorry to disappoint you, but it's just a game where you drive around in a Pac-Man style maze in an attempt to drive into criminals. It's nowhere near as fun as it sounds. I'm guessing ABAB and DreamGEAR licensed the games from whoever programmed them and made their own menu screens for them. ABAB never licensed any Nice Code games as far as I'm aware and aside from the intro, the menus are completely different.[/quote]Yes, I own these consoles, so I know what police vs. thief is. However, I've never played chase hq.[/quote]Well, let's just say that it has absolutely nothing to do with Police Vs Thief, nor are the gameplay mechanics alike. Chase H.Q. uses a third-person perspective, a lot like Rad Racer on the NES.

MLX

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
Bumping this: I had fun recording a video of my PowerJoy 60in1 multicart which included the Hummer Tech games. The sound was cut in little parts for some odd reason. PAL system:
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/835/p6j.mp4/

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Abab Soft
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »
The menu seems to have the same music as the Dream Gear 75-in-1.