Pirate Discussion > Super Famicom/SNES

Obscure SNES pirates

<< < (2/21) > >>

taizou:
ah yeah, I've seen that cart before. Hopefully its something awesome. O:

SpaceNinja:
You might add Tekken 2 to the obscures :)

taizou:
btw, where did you find these? SNES originals seem to be the rarest of any console, at least based on my casual browsing of auction sites... but maybe i'm just not looking in the right places.

Barver:
In case there's misunderstanding I don't own all of them, just the Hercules. All the pics came from that guy at Digital Press, which I think you posted the topic about on the RX Forum?

I got the Hercules from someone on another forum that lives in Brazil. Pretty much Brazil seems to be THE place for SNES pirates. In fact, I don't think you find them anywhere else. It leads me to believe that all SNES pirates likely were developed in Brazil and not Taiwan, since I've yet to ever come across a single SNES pirate on a Taiwan auction site or for sale from someone over there. Not to mention they always come in SNES shells, not SFC.

taizou:
ah, I only recognised Digimon from that guy's threads. I dunno if he posted some later on that I missed. but yeah, the few I've seen seem to come from Brazil (or occasionally Mexico).

I think they were still probably developed in Taiwan though, but only sold in Brazil etc for some reason.. maybe that was just the only big market for pirate SNES games? I guess unlike the NES and Megadrive there were never that many cheap SNES clones, so the market for pirate carts wouldn't have been that big in most of the "traditional" pirate areas like Taiwan/China/Russia etc. but maybe Latin American countries had a cheapish supply of official SNESs from the US or something?

edit: though what is strange is that I definitely have seen pirate SFC carts of Japanese games, and a few multis, on Taiwanese auction sites... there must have been at least some market for SNES stuff there. so surely if the originals were developed in Taiwan they'd want to sell them locally too. hmm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version