Author Topic: More JY related stuff  (Read 6920 times)

MLX

• View Profile
More JY related stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 01:58:05 AM »
KingPepe
Jan 13 2011, 08:53:30 PM
I know the Hummer/Someri fighting games go in this order iirc:
Street Fighter II/Master Fighter II (1992)
Master Fighter VI' (1993)
Street Fighter IV (1993)
Kart Fighter (1993)
AVBGF (1994)
Mortal Kombat II Turbo (that and AVBGF could be switched around) (1994.06)
Dragon ball Z 2 (1994.08)
Garou Densetsu Special (1994 ?)
Mortal Kombat II Special (1995.07)
Power Rangers III (1995.12)
Samurai Shodown II (1996.06)
Tekken II (1996.09)
Street Fighter Zero 2 97 (1997)
The King of Fighters '96 (1998)

Mortal Kombat 3 (probably not a Hummer fighter) - 1996
Yuu Yuu Hakusho (Probably not a Hummer fighter) - 1996

[/quote]Or maybe Sf3 was developped mainly by Jack Yeh and he was helped a bit by Hummer. The game could then have been released between late 1992 to early 1993.
If Yoko stole all graphics, I wonder what they were doing in early 1993...

EDIT:
Quote:

I was always under the impression that "Cony" was the replacement team that Yoko hired when the SF2 devs left them for whatever reason..[/quote]
And yes they probably took Cony to replace Someri Team. Also I think SF3 was not released by Yoko (or Ge De). Label is generic and it was released under tons of different labels (different companies). I think they did like Ex-Hummer guys and sold the game to different companies.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:12:43 PM by MLX »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
More JY related stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »
Also something else I want to point out. Master Fighter VI' has E.Honda and Balrog (Bison) while SFIII doesn't BUT those two do appear in MSFIII. I suppose Yoko and whoever made SFIII were having some sort of stealing fest with each other or something. (Zangief is in MFVI' and MSFIIIT but the sprites are from SFII)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
More JY related stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »
well the Mario SF games are just crap hacks, I doubt they were made by the original developers of either SF2 or SF3 - they both could have drawn a better Mario sprite than that.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
More JY related stuff
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
Yeah, true. (although that Mario DOES look similar to the one in Mario Street Fighter III Turbo)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
More JY related stuff
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »
i've been sorting through all the pics i've saved from various mostly taiwanese auctions so i can upload them to the Pirated Game Museum wiki, and i noticed something JY related.. i don't have the pics with me at the moment, but i might as well post my observations in here.

as we know there seems to have been a point around ~210-220 where they stopped releasing carts under JY (or SC) ids in Taiwan but continued in Korea, but some of these carts (later JY-2xx and early JY-3xx series) were actually still released in Taiwan under different IDs: a few early ones just used the same number without the JY, but some were released under Kxx, Nxx & VIPxx IDs, usually with otherwise identical labels (but at least one of the VIP series has a different label but the same contents).

but the Nxx series seemed to continue after the Korean JY releases; the latest one i've seen is something like N45, including Pokemon Crystal, Golden & Silver (all those hacked platformers) which would presumably date it to 2000-2001 at the earliest, and definitely later than the Korean JYs - none of those have Pokemon games on them. and another one of the N's has "7 in 1" in a very similar style to the "15 in 1" on that ex-hummer multi - i wonder if theres a connection there? maybe the remnants of JY got back together with the remnants of Hummer after all those years to release the 15 in 1..

& one other thing - there are other carts that seem to have been released in Taiwan around the same time as JY-130: JY-64 and JY-110, which are 64 and 110 in 1s respectively. so i guess all of those carts were made much later (maybe not even by the same JY) and just given IDs according to the number of games on them - there is actually an SC-130 which is more like the "real" JY-130.

MLX

• View Profile
More JY related stuff
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 02:03:39 AM »
I knew this but forgot to share D: VIPs carts aren't common. I've seen VIP-001 and VIP58, They are like SC ids, at first they used 3 numbers but then they decided to put only 2 (SC-001, SC01). All those IDs you listed were also seen in Korea.
For exemple, K21 shares the ROM with SA02 which is also a JY related cart. As far I know, the lastest SC cart that use the -001; -120 from JY is SC-131. It still uses the old menu engine. Shares the pics please.

I think I saw a N51 carts, but I believe they stopped between N51 and N55.

Also I sold a SD04 (7in1 with KOF98 and Kunio games + Mighty Final Fight) to Cheetahmen, the board had a big stamp: 2008XXYY (forgot month/day), so either the manufacturing company continued to produce these or the "new" JY is still alive. Or maybe this was the warranty...

There's quite some 7in1 on NXX carts, I guess you are talking about N39 or N40...

MLX

• View Profile
More JY related stuff
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »
So I recently got a boxed copy of Shisen Majiang 2 and I noticed that the box was using the exact same cardboard and cut as Super Mario World. The PCB has some similarities with JY ones but it uses 2 PROMs and one glob top (mapper).

JY related:
1 - 30 number near the pins, indication where a resistor can be put.

But when I compare the PCB to Kart Fighter, I notice a similar  oddity:
On the component side of the PCB, You can see the gold color of the holes while on the back for both, they are completly covered by that green paint. PCB isn't cut the same and doesn't have the exact same color. For JY you can still see the gold on the back and the traces are a lot smaller unlike Shisen. I don't know how are the early NT PCB but when I see the late ones for SF2Z97 and KOF96, I doubt it could be from NT. So now the only one that stays is Ge De...