Author Topic: CaH4e3's Dumps  (Read 118887 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
KAGE-008
Oct 21 2012, 11:24:26 AM
Awesome Panda
Oct 21 2012, 11:09:08 AM
Doesn't seem to work properly as far as I can tell. A lot of the music tracks are missing and EWJ2 crashes on level 5. :\[/quote]Do you have the latest build from this page?[/quote]Yes. Also, is there an alternate version of the game that has all of the levels without splitting them into two games?

g0me3

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »
Awesome Panda
Oct 21 2012, 12:33:35 PM
KAGE-008
Oct 21 2012, 11:24:26 AM
Awesome Panda
Oct 21 2012, 11:09:08 AM
Doesn't seem to work properly as far as I can tell. A lot of the music tracks are missing and EWJ2 crashes on level 5. :\[/quote]Do you have the latest build from this page?[/quote]Yes. Also, is there an alternate version of the game that has all of the levels without splitting them into two games?[/quote]It's called "EarthWorm Jim 2 (Unl) [p1]" pirated version with removed protection and unlocked all levels (at least they can be accessed via passwords), levels past 5 doesn't have "Level" screen doe to lack of numbers above 5 ;)

1. Protected "2" title with copyrights, there is "3" title inside the CHR ROM

-----  Round 1 (Pigs Part 1)
 G2495  Round 2 (Pigs Part 2)
 X6673  Round 3 (Grannys)
 R1435  Round 4 (UFOs Part 1)
 B0817  Round 5 (UFOs Part 4)

2. Unprotected version without copyrights, "3" title removed

X6673  Round 2 (Grannys)
 K0926  Round 3 (Puppets)
 F1658  Round 4 (Maggots)
 R1435  Round 5 (UFOs Part 1)
 Z7938  Round - (UFOs Part 2)
 T1635  Round - (UFOs Part 3)
 B0817  Round - (UFOs Part 4)

3. Protected multigame version with copyrights and "2" and "4" titles enabled inside.

Part "2"
 G2495  Round 2 (Pigs Part 2)
 X6673  Round 3 (Grannys)
 R1435  Round 4 (UFOs Part 2)
 B0817  Round 5 (UFOs Part 4)
 XFILE  Easter Egg

Part "3"
 -----  Round 1 (Maggots)
 K0926  Round 2 (Puppets)
 Z7938  Round 3 (UFOs Part 1)
 T1635  Round 4 (UFOs Part 3)
 NBA96  Easter Egg

And yes, Round 5 for "2" and Round 4 for "4" are crashes, need to figure out why, but most probably there is some mapper/protection issue...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:42:19 PM by g0me3 »

dragon2snow

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2012, 03:51:46 AM »
the city fighter VI sound nestopia update is complete,evening update 2in1 Test again

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »
http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/dumping_2012.php

Prince of Persia translated to Russian, Zanac and Green Beret (FDS Conversions) and a bunch of multicarts.

etabeta78

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
why are there two Prince of Persia dumps in the rar file? are they different in some evident way?

g0me3

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
whoops, didn't noticed, 837b3a2f is a good one, leave it, another one is a bad dump, delete and abandon it...

JohnnyPhantom

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
bombman
Sep 27 2012, 11:53:22 AM
lues42
Sep 20 2012, 07:04:02 PM
no one has it? :([/quote]hahahah i got this page from googling super maruo and super maruo rom.

"I think it's just worth so much due to it's rarity and how Nintendo pulled it off the shelves really."

actually it's because of being the first unlicensed famicom game
hey i did have a copy of this until just a few days ago. it was a really nice surprise because i thought i threw it out but i found it collecting dust in a box! i sold it to a japanese collector. also youre not alone lues42, i know someone from another forum who asked him (cah4e3) about buying some pirates, then when he mentioned super maruo cah4e3 completely shut down, never responded after that. gotta love that hoarder mentality eh?

now i just gotta find that old nwc cart i had....
g0me3
Sep 25 2012, 06:21:20 AM
it is costs too much to be released next 10 years ;)[/quote]fuck ugh i hate this shit. anyway hold on i do have the rom somewhere, let me just dig it out and maybe this cah4e3 guy (ugh hate typing out that name) maybe then he'll be more inclined to answer people when they try to email him!
Barver
Sep 26 2012, 06:07:03 PM
I just found out that this game was repro'd somewhat recently.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=67227

Might be a good idea to contact the guy who made the repros to see if you can get a copy or if you can get a ROM, if anyone really wants it.[/quote]haha oh man... thats my rom dude. i got him to dump it for me but then he started making and selling those repros... after he said he wouldnt do so until i got rid of the game. guess he got a bit too excited there... he didnt even have any idea what it was at first. just annoys the fuck out of me.
anyway here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/?dbb8i5knt8d1hbu
not very challenging, you can beat all loops in about 10 min. have fun guys! [/quote]Hey Everyone, I'm the one who made the repro's of Super Maruo. Just to set the record straight I did dump the rom from bombermans cart, asked if it was okay to repro the game, he said thats fine, but to wait after he sold the game. BUT the part he left out of the story was he promised to send me the manual/map for Starcontrol 2 for 3DO as payment for dumping the cart for him. Since the item/payment was never sent to me, and messages went un-replied, I went ahead after a month of silence, I took it as a deadbeat promise/deal and repro'ed the game.

Just letting you all know the real story

k thanks!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:43:44 PM by JohnnyPhantom »

Barver

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
Sounds pretty stupid to me. He sends you a cart for free and you get a free ROM out of it, and then you act like you deserve payment for it? Then you make a bunch of repros and sell them at profit. You really don't look any better, I'm afraid.

I guess it's a backbreaking and strenuous process to have to open up that package, and then aaarrrrggghh, you have to go through all that effort to put the game in your dumper and then, the worst part, go through the incredibly manual and time taking process of letting the copier copy the ROM in like a few seconds. Jesus christ guys, someone get this guy worker's comp, you're killing him!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:30:11 AM by Barver »

iniche

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »
Now, I don't know how ROM's are dumped with today's technology. But there exist many communities for 8 and 16 bit Nintendo and Sega systems' games where ROM dumpers are sent carts for free and are paid as high as $500 to dump a ROM.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
$500 to dump a ROM?! What?! ROMs are supposed to be free! The scene I know is all sharing, not paying £500! D:
Me and Taizou dump GB ROMs, but you don't see us moaning for money to release them.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »
RobGBA
Dec 31 2012, 06:09:00 AM
$500 to dump a ROM?! What?! ROMs are supposed to be free! The scene I know is all sharing, not paying £500! D:
Me and Taizou dump GB ROMs, but you don't see us moaning for money to release them. [/quote]I'm not an expert in the field, but I know that, as mentioned earlier in I think this thread, sometimes people are trying to recoup their losses if they're getting something like a prototype dumped.  And I'm sure part of the price is to put good shipping and tracking onto a game to make sure it gets to and from safely, especially if it's a valuable or rare game (don't want the dumper to pay for top-notch return shipping.)  Not to mention that you might be paying a service fee of sorts like with a for-hire programmer if it's something tricky to dump; I mean we all know from Game Boy stuff that they're certainly not easy to dump.  I'm certainly not saying that the dumping/collecting scene is free of bullshit or that it's unecessary at times, but there's occasionally a meaningful purpose to have money involved.

Feel free to correct me on anything; I'm just giving my thoughts on the subject.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2012, 09:44:24 AM »
Oh I see what you mean now, sorry. So it's paying for the rare/proto games. ^_^

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
RobGBA
Dec 31 2012, 09:44:24 AM
Oh I see what you mean now, sorry. So it's paying for the rare/proto games. ^_^[/quote]For the most part I believe.  Like I said, I'm not totally educated in the field but the common/rational examples include those type of games.

JohnnyPhantom

• View Profile
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2013, 11:42:30 AM »
Barver
Dec 30 2012, 02:10:48 AM
Sounds pretty stupid to me. He sends you a cart for free and you get a free ROM out of it, and then you act like you deserve payment for it? Then you make a bunch of repros and sell them at profit. You really don't look any better, I'm afraid.

I guess it's a backbreaking and strenuous process to have to open up that package, and then aaarrrrggghh, you have to go through all that effort to put the game in your dumper and then, the worst part, go through the incredibly manual and time taking process of letting the copier copy the ROM in like a few seconds. Jesus christ guys, someone get this guy worker's comp, you're killing him![/quote]Great job at missing the point. NO. it wasn't me bitching about getting a free rom and thinking I deserved payment.

First of all, I did the guy a favor, he went to NintendoAge asking to Borrow someones dumper. Since Retrozones CopyNES is not in stock and has been that way for a while. No one wanted to send a new guy to the forum their CopyNES to "borrow" (good thing too, since from what I experienced from the deal he may have never sent it back). So I offered the guy to Dump it for him. I wasn't asking for any payment, I wasn't asking even for the return shipping. I was just being a helpful member of the site. He sent me the cart and noticed I had a fan 3DO site up and offered to send me the Star Control 2 stuff as a payment/thanks. Once the rom was dumped and the Star Control was agreed upon a DEAL was made. A Rom dump for the manual/maps. I then asked if he would mind if I repro'ed the game. He could have said no, but he said sure. He also asked me to wait till after he sold the game, that was the 2nd DEAL/Agreement. He never made good on his original deal, I waited a month to make good on mine, but then there was silence from him, I had no clue if he ever sold the game or not, I waited more time, and then I went ahead.

I'm just saying he has no right tom complain about me releasing the game before the cart was sold.

Now I did make some money off the Repro's but not much. I didn't JACK the prices up like some repro'ers do I set the price to cover materials such as the boards, the chips, the labels, the tools, the cart plastics, and the shipping. In the end there wasn't much left to cover the labor. But thats irrelevant.

And whats the manual of Star Control worth? $10 maybe? So I saved bomberman $200 on a copynes and the return shipping. and all I was asking for was a $10 (at most) manual? and he welched on the deal? yea, I don't feel bad at all for not waiting until he sold the game. I had full permission to dump the rom from the owner.

Jesus Christ (that's right Christ should be capitalized, being a name and all) guys, someone get me a doctor cause your post is making me laugh so uncontrollably it's killing me!

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
CaH4e3's Dumps
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
You shouldn't be so rude to staff, 'Johnny'. Really, I agree with Barver 100%. You shouldn't be so greedy.  :X

Yes you were nice to dump it, but doing it just for re-pros, and not sharing the ROM, is just horrible.  O.o You just can't do that.

$10? Getting angry over so little isn't right. :unsure: You could've just bought one, especially if you have enough money for a CopyNES. :nono:

I'm out of here. :angry: