Author Topic: Motocross Maniacs  (Read 2531 times)

ClassicGamer

• View Profile
Motocross Maniacs
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »
I currently own three GB multicarts, all of which have Motocross Maniacs on them. But I'm sure that at least once, I've started the game and got 'Motocross Maniac' instead, no S. Is this something that's known to exist? A bootleg of MM with no S?

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Motocross Maniacs
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:06 AM »
Oh, Konami seemed to change it for different regions. It's just that.

BigFred

• View Profile
Motocross Maniacs
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:25:58 AM »
I don't know an official version labeled Motocross Maniac.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Motocross Maniacs
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »
UPDATE: None of the versions in GoodGBx have the S removed on the title screen. So I suppose it's a hack(?) Is there any copyrights still, or are they all gone?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Motocross Maniacs
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:04:05 AM »
If it only happened once, it might have been a glitch.. I can't imagine multicart makers going to the trouble of hacking off the "S" just for a once in a million occurrence.

(that said, I have a GB multi with a hidden crappy space invaders game seemingly as an easter egg in the menu code, and I still can't figure out how to reliably access it... I love bored programmers)

ClassicGamer

• View Profile
Motocross Maniacs
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »
It's weird that they would do it at all. Think about what went on at legit companies back then though, lots of hidden stuff that has no use whatsoever. I just need to find all three of my multicarts and see which one it's on.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Motocross Maniacs
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 04:57:08 PM »
taizou
Dec 11 2012, 07:04:05 AM
(that said, I have a GB multi with a hidden crappy space invaders game seemingly as an easter egg in the menu code, and I still can't figure out how to reliably access it... I love bored programmers)[/quote]oh hey, I just figured out what that is - it's actually the homebrew game Megamania. it isn't accessible through the menu normally, but seemingly its used as a fallback if the cart can't load the game it was supposed to.