Author Topic: Gunfight 3in1 chinese pirate  (Read 7599 times)

Papa Smurf

• View Profile
Gunfight 3in1 chinese pirate
« on: June 09, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »
Hey All,

I was refered to this site for help with dumping and\or making sense of the data I've dumped
from a chinese pirate I bought that from what I can gather is currently not dumped to the public.
The game is gunfight 3in1 which is 3 justifier compatible lightgun games on one cart. The games
are a whack-a-mole game, T2 The Arcade Game & some star shooting game. The T2 is the gem
of the cart as it has lightgun support where as the original retail release did not. They all seem
to use the same engine with different gameplay (obviously). I've tried to dump it using a sega cd
and dump cable but the binary it outputs is not in a working state. I believe it must be some sort
of copy protection keeping it from being dumped properly with this method. A friend of mine looked
at the code quickly and he thinks it's using some sort of primative bankswitching and possibly is making
ram writes before initializing the banking routine from the rom data. I dumped it as a 32meg binary and
it what does dump seems to repeat 3 times over, weather or not that is just the 3 blocks of data for
the games or a loop it's stuck in while dumping I don't know and hope someone here does.

The pcb has 2 epoxy globs I should mention also. I've tried all I'm able to do with my own know how
and I've reached a wall. I'm hoping someone here can help me free this game from it's epoxy prison :)

I have scans of the pcb attached and the binary that I've made I'm willing to email to anyone that can
help me out here and in the end with success the goal will be to share a working binary of this game
for everyone to enjoy be it in emulation or on real hardware.  I have a programmer that can support chips
up to 16bit 27c322 so if there is an option to wire the pcb up to the programmer to dumpit I would be willing
to try such a method. I spent alot on this cart but will do so for the greater good :)

Please reply and or PM me here if your able to help me get this done.

Cheers & Thanks,
Shawn

casperdj777

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:04:08 AM »
bump*
would like to see this dumped also.
can you post some screen shots of the game play or make a video of the game play? would loveeee to see it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:09:17 AM by casperdj777 »

Papa Smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »
Sure thing.
Here is a quick shot of the game select screen.

and here is a youtube video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qV3jRWQ_ruc
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:11:17 AM by Papa Smurf »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 03:03:18 PM »
anyone know what that music is in the first game in the video? it sounds *really* familiar but I can't place it.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
I recognise it from 2DMMAPS but I'm pretty sure that's not the original source. :P

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »
It's the Chocobo theme from Final Fantasy!

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »
oh, so it is - thanks!

Papa Smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 11:57:57 PM »
dump is being fixed, currently 2 out of 3 games work and the 3rd is getting a bug fix but this game will be freed to the masses very soon!

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:09:09 PM »
Woo! Looking forward to it being completely playable. :)

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:36 AM »
It still blows my mind this thing supports the Justifier. Has anyone even seen a Chinese/Russian Justifer knockoff? I've seen a few guns packaged in with FC/MD combo systems, but the gun always only works on the MD side.

I'm glad to see Mr. Smurf saved this thing from obscurity and is wanting to get it out there. I remember us talking about that from an auction site a while ago and figured it was pretty much lost for good.

Papa Smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 01:07:59 AM »
Azathoth
Jun 13 2013, 02:32:36 AM
It still blows my mind this thing supports the Justifier. Has anyone even seen a Chinese/Russian Justifer knockoff? I've seen a few guns packaged in with FC/MD combo systems, but the gun always only works on the MD side.

I'm glad to see Mr. Smurf saved this thing from obscurity and is wanting to get it out there. I remember us talking about that from an auction site a while ago and figured it was pretty much lost for good.[/quote]Ya I talked off and on with the guy for a good month or two before getting it bought and in my hands.
Paid a small fortune for it but well worth it. And as for the 3rd party Justifier guns ya I've had a couple
different ones in my time. Currently the one I have that is CIB is made by top player and is called the purifier.
I've also had an orange one called the punisher. The odd names are where the Konami ones have Justifer
on them. I'll get you some pics and email them to you.

EDIT: There is another fake justifier called the pursuer too. I think that one is black and has a red start button IIRC.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:09:29 AM by Papa Smurf »

lasermaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 02:53:52 AM »
i have read that genesis plus gx supports this game, but can it be downloaded? i have searched and didnt found any link in the net.

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »
The protection routines have been documented and implemented in those emulators, but the ROM itself has not been patched fully to work on things other than those 2 emulators. I'm sure Papa Smurf will let us know when he decides to make the game public.

Papa Smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »
Azathoth
Jun 19 2013, 08:27:27 PM
The protection routines have been documented and implemented in those emulators, but the ROM itself has not been patched fully to work on things other than those 2 emulators. I'm sure Papa Smurf will let us know when he decides to make the game public.[/quote]I will release the game to the public as soon as the bug preventing one of the three games
from playing right is fixed and working properly on real hardware. My personal focus is the
ability to play games on real carts with real consoles but I do 100 percent support play via
emulation also. Alas real hardware does come first and untill it works on the real thing
without error I will withhold the binary. I'm not releasing something that is half-assed.

etabeta78

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 02:43:16 AM »
Quote:

I will release the game to the public as soon as the bug preventing one of the three games
from playing right is fixed and working properly on real hardware. [/quote]

would you mind expanding about this? if you have the cart, that should work already on the real hardware...
or do you mean working on a copier without the protection?

if you mean the latter, you should release the proper dump (or that + a fixed version), not only a patched version that works on copier after destroying the protection routines.
please consider releasing both dumps, in order to document what was in the real cart too :)