Author Topic: Confirmation of unknown Sega Genesis / Mega Drive pirates  (Read 17576 times)

recorderdude

• View Profile
Confirmation of unknown Sega Genesis / Mega Drive pirates
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »
I have a full playthrough recorded. Do you just want the ending or do you wanna see the boss too?

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
Probably the both, out of curiosity.
Hell yeah, now I've got some proof that Death Caliber was released by Glory Sun!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:45:49 PM by Crash Nicker »

recorderdude

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:07:26 PM by recorderdude »

Rapid_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
Another bad game release by the same comprany that made Ben 10, "TMNT Возвращение легенды", same style of game as Ben 10, 2 enemies per round, pretty boring.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Download (http://rufiles.narod.ru)

PS: Are you sure that Death Caliber was made by Glorysun?. All the games for Glorysun that i've played always have the logo of it in the beginning of the games. but this one doesn't says anything.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:18:04 PM by Rapid_Fire »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
Rapid_Fire
Jun 14 2012, 02:28:44 PM
Are you sure that Death Caliber was made by Glorysun?. All the games for Glorysun that i've played always have the logo of it in the beginning of the games. but this one doesn't says anything.[/quote]DEAD SURE.

I mean, you just might not be cautionous enough to not get this logo in sight. Like, two times, and both are in the beginning of the video.

And well, it was published, not made by Glory Sun. TomSoft did the job on making the game.
recorderdude
Jun 14 2012, 02:06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKA7TMhS5Fo&feature=youtu.be

Boss beat @ 2:54[/quote]So, ladies and gentlemen, with this achievement, for the first time ever, the English text translation o-o-o-o-o-ooofff... Mario 4: Space Oddysey!

Intro.
Quote:

Mario and Luigi were looking at the stars on the night sky.

But then their attention was caught by the star that fell behind the mushroom hill. Mario and Luigi quickly went there.

As they came closer, they found out that it wasn't a star but rather a spaceship.

The creature inside it said that their galaxy is in danger.

If Mario, [useless comma here! - nix.] won't stop the galactic conqueror and his army, their [useless plural world here! - nix.] Mushroom Kingdom will also be doomed.[/quote]

Ending.
Quote:

Mario has managed to defeat evil and now everyone in Mushroom Kingdon can be sure nothing threatens them.[/quote]

So, as you can see, nothing really spectacular here. Ben 10 had the storyline as boring as this one. And I don't even doubt that TMNT: The Legend Returns will feature anything better.
Also, BOMBER.

By TecToy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:52:00 PM by Crash Nicker »

Rapid_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »
Crash Nicker

I mean, you just might not be cautionous enough to not get this logo in sight. Like, two times, and both are in the beginning of the video.

And well, it was published, not made by Glory Sun. TomSoft did the job on making the game.[/quote]

What tupid i was!, looking better the video i saw Glory Sun Words on the top of the practice room  :P

Crash Nicker

Also, BOMBER.
[/quote]

Pretty fun game i must say, it's like a bomberman (NES) style with the difference that your enemies also drop bombs like you, you can gain power ups that let you drop more bombs, run more faster, or push de bombs away from you, definitely more fun than Mario, Ben 10 and that other craps.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:32:39 PM by Rapid_Fire »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »
Rapid_Fire
Jun 14 2012, 03:30:01 PM
Pretty fun game i must say, it's like a bomberman (NES) style with the difference that your enemies also drop bombs like you, you can gain power ups that let you drop more bombs, run more faster, or push de bombs away from you, definitely more fun than Mario, Ben 10 and that other craps.[/quote]Well, I'll give TecToy a credit, at least they can make neat games sometimes. Not to mention they were the guys (or the guy, because the entire game was ported by one person) who moved Duke Nukem 3D to MegaDrive. Yes, it was crap, but in some cases (some of them), definitely better than Zero Tolerance.

Rapid_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »
Yeah, i think that Duke Nukem 3D on Sega wasn't that bad at all considering the hardware of the Genesis. Anyway, i was looking for some info of Biohazard 3 on Genesis, and i found this

Cart Pic

Info: (translated with Google translator)

The manufacturer: China
Product Group: Ink Cartridge 16-bit
Description: Cartridge for Sega Biohazard 3 (Russian version)
Our heroes have to find the source of the virus and destroy hordes of mutants, to get to the secret lab to deliver humanity from the deadly threat. You must help them!.

I wonder if this game it's just a lazy hack, or an orignal made game. ¿Have someone seen pictures of this game?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:14:18 PM by Rapid_Fire »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
Judging by the name and description, I'm guessing it's a hack of Biohazard Battle. Seems odd that the cart doesn't have a bit missing from the side like other pirate carts (and Japanese ones) do.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »
Bomber wasn't too bad, though the sound was.  And wow, the final boss of Mario Galaxy is lazily made.  It's like something programmed out of a Game Maker project and animated in MS Paint.

Rapid_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »
Awesome Panda
Jun 15 2012, 12:41:30 PM
Judging by the name and description, I'm guessing it's a hack of Biohazard Battle. Seems odd that the cart doesn't have a bit missing from the side like other pirate carts (and Japanese ones) do.[/quote]

Yeah, it's probaly that it's just a tittle hack screen game. As for the cart, down the russian words it says "Resident Evil Fan", and down that looks like there's a website written but i cant read what it says  :\

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
Hmm... I was told today by Raistlin that RE3 is a hack of Body Count. This may or may not be correct, but there's a very good chance it is. Attached is a pic of the back of the RE3 box.

Is there a ROM or some screenshots available for "TMNT Возвращение легенды"? I had never heard of it before.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:20:10 PM by Azathoth »

Rapid_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
What a liars showing you that pictures that belong to the real Res 3, but what a shame that it's just a hack of another game, whatever this may be  :\

Azathoth

Is there a ROM or some screenshots available for "TMNT Возвращение легенды"? I had never heard of it before.[/quote]

I'm going to quote myself in this one  :lol:

Quote:

Another bad game release by the same comprany that made Ben 10, "TMNT Возвращение легенды", same style of game as Ben 10, 2 enemies per round, pretty boring.

Download (http://rufiles.narod.ru)[/quote]

Cheers

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 03:02:39 AM »
Okay, let's put the Glory Sun "incident" into perspective. So it appears that they have published Death Caliber and Final Fantasy (which is really Barver Battle Saga, of course) in Russian, with one of the games was made by TomSoft. Not to mention that TomSoft has also released Commandos, and also in Russian.

The question is: was Commandos also published by these guys? Considering that its' review in the Great Dragon mag was made in 2003 and the only source (BootlegGames Wiki, indeed  :pandahappy: ) indicates that Glory Sun became inactive in 2002...

Would it be that Commandos is one of the last games published by this company? Or not?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:03:22 AM by Crash Nicker »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »
I have no idea about the publisher, but just a quick note on the developers of these games - TomSoft text in the ROM doesn't necessarily mean TomSoft (Tommy Xie) was personally involved, he made a dev kit which could have been used by any number of companies. I think Death Caliber at least was developed by Hummer Software, which was kind of the successor to Dragon Co., maybe they made some of the other stuff too.