Author Topic: Sintax and their 93+ games  (Read 28491 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Sintax and their 93+ games
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »
taizou
Sep 27 2010, 08:55:13 AM
well their first few games (at least) were developed by BBD, it even says as much on the title screen. my guess would be the better ones were made by BBD, the ones that arent as good (or are just cheap hacks of the BBD-developed games) were done in-house by Sintax. though it wouldnt surprise me if they used other external developers too.[/quote]Wouldn't surprise me, seeing as companies like Micro Genius published games by other pirates and created their own games as well.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »
Got more new IDs. I assume we're still noting these since that huge list of copyright registration numbers isn't in order. Plus this shows the number goes past 78.

ST-0310041C 大话西游/Saiyuuki
ST-0425072C 口袋宝贝火红/Pocket Monstor-Red
ST-0409084C 口袋妖怪-白金版/Pocketmon-platina
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:16:15 PM by Barver »

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »
Wow. Just wow!
And many of these stuff are unavailable for us. Just imagine the sheer amount of typos!

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 11:30:32 PM »
ST-0405075C Metal Slug II

I got Metal Slug X-behind enemy lines also, but it only has a Chinese registration number, no consecutive release number.

Oh yeah, and I'm starting to get sick of Sintax. This game took the cake :X

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »
Barver
Oct 12 2010, 11:30:32 PM
ST-0405075C Metal Slug II

I got Metal Slug X-behind enemy lines also, but it only has a Chinese registration number, no consecutive release number.

Oh yeah, and I'm starting to get sick of Sintax. This game took the cake :X[/quote]why? O:

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 12:35:56 AM »
Meh, the qualities no different from usual. I guess when you keep adding shit on top on a shit pile that's already amassing, it starts to get sickening ;) I also got Pokemon Platinum, only the seller gave me the box only and the included cart was a chinese translation of the Pokemon Crystal or Gold or something. So I guess my patience for getting Sintax games is starting to wear.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 02:06:08 AM »
I just noticed that 2003 Crash Advance II, as posted by NusuttoSan, bears a striking resemblance, between its logo and its sprite animation, to that mysterious GBA Crash bootleg.

The more I look at it-- particularly given the awesomeness of the VFame GBA stuff I've been seeing lately-- the more I think that GBA bootleg's got to be Sintax's doing, possibly with VFame employees helping out in the sound department. That, or they just stole the audio like they did for GBC...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:07:24 AM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 02:30:59 AM »
Yeah, i'd say thats about right.. it all seems to fit together with that "Digimon Zhi Hong Lan Dui Jue" game and Sintax's usual habits of rehashing basically everything ever. my guess would be that V.Fame and Sintax collaborated to port the SNES Digimon game to the GBA for whatever reason (maybe Sintax needed some help starting up GBA development), and either they just ported the basic engine and Sintax built new levels around it

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »
codeman38
Nov 4 2010, 02:06:08 AM
The more I look at it-- particularly given the awesomeness of the VFame GBA stuff I've been seeing lately-- the more I think that GBA bootleg's got to be Sintax's doing, possibly with VFame employees helping out in the sound department. That, or they just stole the audio like they did for GBC...[/quote]I think given that Sintax has a habit of stealing music from other games, I think we can assume that they did the same with Soul Falchion. Also, while V.Fame's GBA games use mostly 8-bit sound channels for their music as well, the PCM samples are nowhere near as ear bleeding as the ones used in Crash Advance IV.

BTW, the name of that one makes me wonder if Sintax ever made a Crash Advance I or III. Not to mention, the usage of "Advance" in the title is kind of odd considering that Crash Advance II is on the GBC, unless it's ported from the GBA or something.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »
Cheetahmen
Nov 4 2010, 02:01:52 PM
I think given that Sintax has a habit of stealing music from other games, I think we can assume that they did the same with Soul Falchion. Also, while V.Fame's GBA games use mostly 8-bit sound channels for their music as well, the PCM samples are nowhere near as ear bleeding as the ones used in Crash Advance IV.[/quote]I think that was just a low quality recording. It'd be way too much of a coincidence for Sintax to steal the Soul Falchion music and add PCM percussion in pretty much the exact same way V.Fame were doing with their own GBA games. If they did steal it, it was probably from some as yet undiscovered V.Fame GBA game that recycles Soul Falchion music .. but I'm definitely leaning towards them having collaborated at some point.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2010, 05:45:34 AM »
Time to raise the number of games again!

ST-0409085C 口袋妖怪-绿宝石/pocketmon-emerald
ST-0504093C 口袋宝贝-珍珠/Poketmon-pearl

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
93! Bloody hell. I wonder if any of these later ones were ever released in English?

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
Who knows, but one thing I feel almost positive on is that a lot of these later titles are probably some of their other games with a new title screen, or hacks of older games replacing the sprites.

Now I wonder if the number of games goes past 100. Maybe they reached 99 and decided to call it quits :P

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »
New ID.
ST-0306030C 重装机兵/METAL MAXⅡ  

口袋妖怪-绿宝石/pocketmon-emerald" is just a hack of that Castlevania clone called Emo Demo or whatever the ROM was. Back of the box shows the main character(Raichu) in the same castle as in the original version, but the actual game has all graphics replaced, doesn't even look like a castle but rather you're outside all the time.

口袋宝贝-珍珠/Poketmon-pearl is a generic game based on the same engine as Digimon Yellow Jade, play as Meowth for a few levels, a boss, the end. Same exact music too.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2011, 02:03:06 AM »
oh sintax. theyre so lazy. no wonder they managed to release 93+ games when most of the time they just change the sprites.

BTW, I think I might have asked you on the RX forums before, but I can't find the thread now - whats Ge Dou Jian Shen?