Author Topic: Finding a Vii (Found It!)  (Read 8729 times)

Veemon

• View Profile
Finding a Vii (Found It!)
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 01:05:38 AM »
Geez $150? I'd be more tempted to buy it if wasn't so damn expensive...I guess it's exotic crap so yeah...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:06:05 AM by Veemon »

trenton_net

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »
Vii systems are are easy to come by in China if you know where to look. It's just that Chinese people know it's a scam. They overcharged for the console to try and capture some of the Wii fad going around, and now it's dead. If you've seen some Chinese websites and blogs at the time, you'll note people even opened up the console and found iron bars fixed to the case to make the product seem more substantial.

In general, you don't see it for sale openly anymore because no one wants one. Even if you lowered the price, I doubt many local Chinese would get one. Normally you just see them quietly in a corner, with no price or heavily discounted. Unless the shop is living in a fantasy world and still keeps the price high (Which happens, but no one really gets suckered into it).

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »
trenton_net
Oct 3 2011, 10:20:33 AM
Vii systems are are easy to come by in China if you know where to look. It's just that Chinese people know it's a scam. They overcharged for the console to try and capture some of the Wii fad going around, and now it's dead. If you've seen some Chinese websites and blogs at the time, you'll note people even opened up the console and found iron bars fixed to the case to make the product seem more substantial.

In general, you don't see it for sale openly anymore because no one wants one. Even if you lowered the price, I doubt many local Chinese would get one. Normally you just see them quietly in a corner, with no price or heavily discounted. Unless the shop is living in a fantasy world and still keeps the price high (Which happens, but no one really gets suckered into it).[/quote]Well in that case, it's good to see that the Chinese are smart enough not to be suckered into buying these things. I think the same pretty much goes overseas; a few shops in my hometown sometimes sell one of the "Zone" brand Wii clones at about £10.

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
trenton_net

In general, you don't see it for sale openly anymore because no one wants one. Even if you lowered the price, I doubt many local Chinese would get one. Normally you just see them quietly in a corner, with no price or heavily discounted. Unless the shop is living in a fantasy world and still keeps the price high (Which happens, but no one really gets suckered into it).[/quote]Damn, I feel like an idiot for almost paying $150 for one.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
Cheetahmen
Oct 3 2011, 12:23:38 PM
trenton_net

In general, you don't see it for sale openly anymore because no one wants one. Even if you lowered the price, I doubt many local Chinese would get one. Normally you just see them quietly in a corner, with no price or heavily discounted. Unless the shop is living in a fantasy world and still keeps the price high (Which happens, but no one really gets suckered into it).[/quote]Well in that case, it's good to see that the Chinese are smart enough not to be suckered into buying these things. I think the same pretty much goes overseas; a few shops in my hometown sometimes sell one of the "Zone" brand Wii clones at about £10.[/quote]I wonder if they're smart enough to avoid other obvious bootlegs like the Yong Yong games.  At least some of them must know that companies normally don't throw photoshopped crap onto their labels.  Also, even on Ebay the Zone 40 barely goes above $20, and they love to inflate the prices on stupid crap.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 09:10:09 PM »
Well I guess if you're buying a GBC game in China you *know* it's (99% likely) going to be a bootleg so you'd never expect the label to look right. It's not like the Wii where the knockoffs arent even close in terms of functionality and software - your average GBC bootleg works exactly the same as the original but is much cheaper, so I doubt people in China were ever exactly trying to avoid them.

and quite often a Yong Yong game's packaging is indistinguishable from a bootleg of a licensed game, so you could well end up buying one by accident (unless you were reasonably well up on which games actually existed, and you knew there were no legit GBC Digimon games or anything like that). And then there are probably people who knew all about pirate originals but were just trying to find some Vast Fame games. :D