Author Topic: Monster Go Go Go  (Read 1898 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Monster Go Go Go
« on: November 28, 2014, 12:01:23 AM »
I read the page on the Bootleg Wikipedia, but it didn't answer my question so I am posting it here.  A long time ago, the bootleg page for Vast Fame had said that Monster Go Go Go was thought to be an early hack that they did, something I always felt to be a bit strange considering the fact that VF created quality unlicensed original games for the rest of their life, as opposed to hacks.  Later this information was edited out.

So my question is, what information was there initially to suggest that this was ever even possible to be an early Vast Fame game?  Thanks.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Monster Go Go Go
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »
Vast fame had revelations with yong yong. Pokemon ruby (vast fame) was one game in which they had revelatons with. So if it is actually true. Then it just reveals more about their revelations with yong yong then.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Monster Go Go Go
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 11:52:57 PM »
@RVVD4029: That just made no sense at all since Makon had no actual connection with the hack.

If I remember hearing this correctly, Monster Go! Go! Go! (as well as Monster Go! Go! Go! 2) had "NEW GB COLOR" just like Vast Fame's earlier carts which I think was where that whole idea came from.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Monster Go Go Go
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
yeah, there are a few connections, although it's all a bit tenuous and nothing really concrete.
* as Pepe said, it was released in a "NEW GB COLOR" cart, like VF's early games
* They did have *some* involvement with hacks - eg Super Fighter S, their first confirmed game, is more or less an elaborate hack of Takara's GB KOF games. and in fact it's based on KOF '97, which itself was a hack of the official '96 adding in the characters that only appeared in '95
* it uses PC Paint fonts in some places, which suggests if not a link to Vast Fame themselves, then at least one to Gamtec or some related company (eg BBD/Sintax)
* the title screen has kind of a blue diamond pattern in the background, and they were quite fond of using blue diamond patterns in menu backgrounds or other random places (and of course in their own logo)
* and this is completely subjective, but the graphics (sprites especially) are very high quality compared to just about every other hack I've seen, so whoever made it at least had an experienced graphic artist on staff

Picrodus

• View Profile
Monster Go Go Go
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:39:48 PM »
KingPepe
Nov 28 2014, 11:52:57 PM
@RVVD4029: That just made no sense at all since Makon had no actual connection with the hack.

If I remember hearing this correctly, Monster Go! Go! Go! (as well as Monster Go! Go! Go! 2) had "NEW GB COLOR" just like Vast Fame's earlier carts which I think was where that whole idea came from.[/quote]I can confirm this. Yes they were both shown to be in new GB color carts with monster go! go! 2 only appearing in such a cartridge as of yet. I actually used to have. Monster go! go! 2 and it seems to be rather rare.