Author Topic: Interesting stuff for sale elsewhere  (Read 154968 times)

Picrodus

• View Profile
Interesting stuff for sale elsewhere
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2013, 02:10:32 AM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:19:53 AM by Picrodus »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
Picrodus
Jan 21 2013, 02:10:32 AM
And some weird gba multi full of weird looking games. (Mostly ones that should be DS. http://a.m.taobao.com/i16717545971.htm?sid=f809cf181e74c232&abtest=6[/quote]These type of multicarts, are REALLY high quality! I own an 8-in-1 by the same people (same sort of packaging), and it has a great pick of games (All Rockman Zeros, all Sonic Advances.) Also, the actual plastic on the cart is even better and more stable then an official product! (No, I'm not advertising it. :lol: )

The Pokemon Black and White games on it are probably the fan hacks. Well actually, most of them ARE Ruby/Sapphire hacks! :P

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
The Universe Soldiers by Gamtec is on Yahoo Auction Taiwan, cartridge only.

Picrodus

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »
So this cart I read on the back says Pokemon adventure but also Pokemon crystal 3 could Pokemon crystal 3 be a Yong Yong game?
http://a.m.taobao.com/i20589480054.htm?sid=99514f38e8115d36&abtest=0
Lots of Danish Sachen Multicarts? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gameboy+multicart&_sacat=0&_from=R40
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:21:33 AM by Picrodus »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2013, 03:34:26 AM »
I knew about Digimon 3 Crystal, but not a Pokemon verion. :shock:

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 23, 2013, 04:15:09 AM »
Who knows if that three means anything. The Chinese name on the list has no three. Could just be a regular Pokemon Chinese translation.

Picrodus

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »
I just thought maybe because of Pokemon Adventure being on the cart. :)

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 25, 2013, 01:14:11 AM »
Picrodus
Jan 22 2013, 11:40:27 PM
Lots of Danish Sachen Multicarts? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gameboy+multicart&_sacat=0&_from=R40[/quote]Know the seller of these.  He is a game collector and takes pride to pack his things carefully.  Although the games are expensive, what is really a "fair" price for these things, so I think his prices are okay.

These ones are the European Sachen games, and the distributor distributed games in Germany.  One can see the German text on the box, stating how many packs there are to collect. :)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #398 on: January 25, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »
fcgamer
Jan 25 2013, 01:14:11 AM
Picrodus
Lots of Danish Sachen Multicarts? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gameboy+multicart&_sacat=0&_from=R40[/quote]Know the seller of these.  He is a game collector and takes pride to pack his things carefully.  Although the games are expensive, what is really a "fair" price for these things, so I think his prices are okay.

These ones are the European Sachen games, and the distributor distributed games in Germany.  One can see the German text on the box, stating how many packs there are to collect. :)[/quote]No offence, but you'd either have to be loaded or a complete idiot to waste that much on those games. <_< Given that I'm not the former and only the latter to a certain degree, I'll pass. :P

Pepper-98

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 25, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
fcgamer
Picrodus

These ones are the European Sachen games, and the distributor distributed games in Germany.  One can see the German text on the box, stating how many packs there are to collect. :)[/quote]Eh, those Sachen multis aren't exactly rare.  They'd be nice to have if you're trying to collect all the different region releases, but on their own you're better off importing them from somewhere else like Taiwan.  Keep in mind too that stuff on Ebay tends to go for way more than they're worth; for example, I've seen loose carts of AV Girl Fighting by Hummer Team for around $80 and you can get them for at least half of that on Ruten.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 25, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
Qiezei
Jan 25 2013, 09:29:13 AM
fcgamer
Picrodus

These ones are the European Sachen games, and the distributor distributed games in Germany.  One can see the German text on the box, stating how many packs there are to collect. :)[/quote]Eh, those Sachen multis aren't exactly rare.  They'd be nice to have if you're trying to collect all the different region releases, but on their own you're better off importing them from somewhere else like Taiwan.  Keep in mind too that stuff on Ebay tends to go for way more than they're worth; for example, I've seen loose carts of AV Girl Fighting by Hummer Team for around $80 and you can get them for at least half of that on Ruten.[/quote]I would venture to guess that these Sachens are rare.  Compared to some games, no, but in general, yes.  Not going to find these ones in Taiwan either, as they were marketed and distributed in Europe.  Not sure if these ones were later sold to collectors in the USA during the whole Sachen import crisis of the early 2000s, but these are European releases.  Not gonna find these in Taiwan.

On that note, if anyone knows where I can purchase Sachen games in Taiwan, please let me know.  With few exceptions, it is quite hard to find this stuff on the island these days, and places like Ruten only have a few loose titles, every now and then :)

Regarding Ebay and the prices of games as a whole - If people are willing to pay $80 for AV Girl Fighting for that game on Ebay, then it sounds to me like that is the going rate, and the value of the game in the Western market.  Not trying to be a smart ass, but value would be definied by supply and demand, I believe.  Just like Rockman 1 - 6 collection, or even a legit Final Fantasy VII or Earthbound or whatever - if the market places the game at whatever price, it seems that this would be its price, even if the game is not so inherently rare (like Earthbound).  Why would anyone offer the game on the cheap, if people are willing to pay the higher price?

Pepper-98

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 25, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
fcgamer
Jan 25 2013, 10:29:02 AM
I would venture to guess that these Sachens are rare.  Compared to some games, no, but in general, yes.  Not going to find these ones in Taiwan either, as they were marketed and distributed in Europe.  Not sure if these ones were later sold to collectors in the USA during the whole Sachen import crisis of the early 2000s, but these are European releases.  Not gonna find these in Taiwan.

On that note, if anyone knows where I can purchase Sachen games in Taiwan, please let me know.  With few exceptions, it is quite hard to find this stuff on the island these days, and places like Ruten only have a few loose titles, every now and then :)

Regarding Ebay and the prices of games as a whole - If people are willing to pay $80 for AV Girl Fighting for that game on Ebay, then it sounds to me like that is the going rate, and the value of the game in the Western market.  Not trying to be a smart ass, but value would be definied by supply and demand, I believe.  Just like Rockman 1 - 6 collection, or even a legit Final Fantasy VII or Earthbound or whatever - if the market places the game at whatever price, it seems that this would be its price, even if the game is not so inherently rare (like Earthbound).  Why would anyone offer the game on the cheap, if people are willing to pay the higher price?  [/quote]Well, lots of unlicensed games qualify as that if you go that in depth about it, but Game Boy Sachen Multis aren't *super* rare.  I'm sure they're easier to find if you know where to look (especially on European sites; I've done searches on Ebay UK and have seen a few here and there.)  The multis themselves are some of the most common Sachen games; maybe not the European releases, but the GB multis are much easier to find than the single cart games.

Finding boxed Sachen stuff is a gamble.  Stuff like 16 Tiles Mahjong are all over the place in Taiwan, but some of the other games like Tasac are harder find even loose.  Generally you can search "聖謙" (Sachen) to find some of their games, but it helps to know the actual game title, as some (like a loose Sidewinder cart I found on there) only show up if you use their names.

And because something goes for a high price on the western market doesn't mean that it's a justified price.  It's more of a weird catch 22 with westerners because they don't have a proper idea of the game's rarity and value, and people are more than willing to cash in on that.  It tends to be much lower in the east not only because that's where they're from, but they're much easier to find there and they have a better sense of pricing with those games.  Loose Famicom Sachen carts are rarely worth more than 500 TWD over there.

And Earthbound's pricing is a good example of what's wrong with values in the western market: it's a super common game you can find tons of copies of anywhere that has SNES games, yet it's priced loose for over $150.  I'm sorry, but that makes no damn sense even considering the high demand for the game; with that logic, you'd resell a copy of Mario Galaxy 2 for $200.  And nobody's gonna set the price lower due to a combination of the aforementioned ignorance and people's greed.  Even Earthbound's fans agree that the pricing is ridiculous for those very reasons, and I'm pretty sure the fact that these games are still super common after all these years shows that only the really uneducated go for these games.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:59:38 AM by Pepper-98 »

Picrodus

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »
Can see a digimon game on this gbc multi don't know which it is. http://a.m.taobao.com/i20856128388.htm?sid=fa528436fb6bb5e2&abtest=9

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2013, 07:41:42 PM »
Digimon 2#5 I presume, but not certain. That's been there for a while, so I'm not sure if the seller even has it anymore.