Author Topic: Some Random Pirate Game Questions  (Read 3556 times)

ClassicGamer

• View Profile
Some Random Pirate Game Questions
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
Just some questions I have about certain pirated and unlicensed NES games.

1. What was Sachen's relation to Color Dreams and American Video Entertainment? Was it anything more than just another company they bought shitty games from?
2. Who made F-15 City War? And why doesn't the title screen have anything besides the title?
3. Who made Fifa 97 International Soccer? And is it just a title screen hack, or was anything else added?
4. Are The King of Fighters 97 and 99 just title screen hacks of 96?
5. Why is Honey Peach called that even though Peach isn't in it?
6. Is Little Red Hood unfinished, or does it just really suck?
7. Who made Pesterminator? That game is horrible even for a Color Dreams release.
8. What about Pokemon Green, Blue, Gold and Silver? What games are they hacks of?
9. Did Water Chine, Inc. do anything else besides Tiny Toon 4?
10. Is Twin Eagle: Revenge Joel's Brother a legit game or a pirate?

I'm sure there are others, but until then... Can you answer any of these?

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
1. I think they just published Sachen/Joy Van's games.  I don't think it went beyond that.

5. I guess they were just trying to get across that the game's full of "sweet" girls and nothing more.  The Chinese for the game is different, translating to something along the lines of "Boxing Beauties".  A lot of Chinese games (Sachen, Gamtec or otherwise) tend to have different English and Chinese titles for the same game.

6. I've heard that the game had work discontinued on it early on, but I don't know of an actual source to that.  It sucking applies either way.

7. Pesterminator was a Color Dreams developed game, and it plays similar to most of their other crap.  I know they did some stuff with Odyssey Software like Moon Ranger which have very similar production values (i.e. low ones).

8. Pokemon Blue is Wacky Racers, Pokemon Green is a Keroppi game, Pokemon Gold(en) is a Tom & Jerry game, and Pokemon Silver is Little Nemo.

You should be able to find answers to anything else about Color Dreams at the Color Dreams Dedication site.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »
2. All evidence points to F-15 City War having been developed by Idea-Tek.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:39:50 AM »
3. I think JY was responsible for the 96 version. Could be them for 97. And its just a title screen hack I think.
4. KOF97 has nothing to do with the KOF96 port by Hummer Team

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:45:48 AM »
9 - I'd guess its just a made-up name for that hack only, it probably doesn't mean anything
10 - Twin Eagle: Revenge Joe's Brother is a licensed game; theres also a Sachen game called Twin Eagle (no subtitle) which was released in the US as Double Strike, but theres no connection between the two.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:46:08 AM by taizou »

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 09:23:56 AM »
ClassicGamer
Apr 15 2013, 09:23:48 PM
Just some questions I have about certain pirated and unlicensed NES games.

1. What was Sachen's relation to Color Dreams and American Video Entertainment? Was it anything more than just another company they bought shitty games from?
2. Who made F-15 City War? And why doesn't the title screen have anything besides the title?
3. Who made Fifa 97 International Soccer? And is it just a title screen hack, or was anything else added?
4. Are The King of Fighters 97 and 99 just title screen hacks of 96?
5. Why is Honey Peach called that even though Peach isn't in it?
6. Is Little Red Hood unfinished, or does it just really suck?
7. Who made Pesterminator? That game is horrible even for a Color Dreams release.
8. What about Pokemon Green, Blue, Gold and Silver? What games are they hacks of?
9. Did Water Chine, Inc. do anything else besides Tiny Toon 4?
10. Is Twin Eagle: Revenge Joel's Brother a legit game or a pirate?

I'm sure there are others, but until then... Can you answer any of these?

[/quote]1.  Sachen was one of the companies that farmed out their games to Color Dreams and American Video Entertainment for publishing.  

2.  I've always thought it was an Idea-Tek release too.  Not sure where I heard that from though.

3.  No idea.

4.  No idea.

5.  Probably just a cute / sweet name for the not-so-innocent girls in it.  Back when the game was made, Peach wasn't known as Peach in the States, at least to my knowledge.

6.  As Qiezei said, I've also heard the story before about it being unfinished, but once again, no evidence to prove this and no one knows what the source is that made the claim either.

7.  Pesterminator was developed by a few of the guys at Color Dreams.  Can't remember if it was done freelance or not, but it was by CD folk.