Author Topic: Kossel Huang  (Read 3395 times)

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Kossel Huang
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:23:27 AM »
Hello, everyone.
I wanted to let you guys know I recently just got in touch with Kossel Huang. He is known for composing the music for Bubble Bath Babes/Mermaids of Atlantis. If anyone wants me to ask him anything, please let me know. I don't know if he's fluent in English, but he did give me some English replies when I wrote in English. I do have a couple Chinese-English friends so if worse comes to worse. He's a really nice person though.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, I didn't really know where to put it.)

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Kossel Huang
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:23:43 AM »
All I have at the moment are these questions:

1. What games/companies did he work on/for?
2. What was it like working with the other team members at those companies?

Ugh, it's too early over here to think of more questions.  Still, I'm quite interested to hear from the guy.

MLX

• View Profile
Kossel Huang
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Maybe he has some to tell about C&E (history, when he joined, etc.)

If he kept in touch with other C&E people
if he worked in others game companies after (I know he worked for some mahjong game for the 360)

And I see on some page he worked for Rad Racket II Deluxe Tennis in Idea-Tek. So he must know Hummer Cheng then.

(also I guess it is the Kossel Huang on facebook?)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:55:44 AM by MLX »

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Kossel Huang
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
I removed the Idea-tek games from his list. He said he only worked for C&E and he doesn't know who Idea-tek is. He told me the company was created by 郭啓鏞 (Guō Qǐ-yōng?).
I added Rad Racket to his list because it sounded like Bubble Bath Babes music to me, but he said he didn't work on that one. The ones on his VGMPF page are the ones that he did compose.

To answer your question, MLX, yup, that's the guy. He's actually pretty cool to talk to. I just hope he doesn't come across this forum thinking we're stalkers or something. :S
I asked him about B.H. Ting from Tiles of Fate. He said that is in fact Ding Bohao. He said they were colleagues at the company but they've been out of touch for a long time. He told me he doesn't remember Ding Bohao working on music, but only sound effects, though Tiles of Fate disproves that. I think Ding Bohao worked for Idea-tek. I'm sure that's his music in Puzzle. Listen to the second stage theme in Tiles of Fate and you'll notice they're the same style. I'm sure they use the same music engine. If I could find Ding, that would be perfect.

MLX

• View Profile
Kossel Huang
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »
Give me your email (or msn or skype (best)), i'll send you some real chinese names of hummer team members (so you can ask him if he knows them). I've kept them private because I'm not sure if they want their real name to appear with the games they made.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:26:57 PM by MLX »

Doommaster1994

• View Profile
Kossel Huang
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »
All my accounts are Doommaster1994. You can do it through Skype. :)