Author Topic: DualStation / Gen-X  (Read 2225 times)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
DualStation / Gen-X
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:55:27 AM »
Dunno how to move on with this thread, but it seems like I fell in love with this famiclone, good lordy  :faint:

http://www.planeta-igr.com.ua/published/publicdata/PLANETA/attachments/SC/products_pictures/DSC_0934_enl.JPG

As far as I know, this thing costs ~$38 dollars in the game store nearby the street where I live. Also, seeing the comparision between original hardware and this (on YouTube), it seems to have pretty much similar quality to regular NES and MegaDrive wannabees. The worst part is: the joypads don't seem to be sold separately for DS, in case if one gets broken  >_>

In any case, if I manage to get it that way so none of my relatives would see that I waste my own money, I'll tell more about this thing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:57:12 AM by Crash Nicker »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
DualStation / Gen-X
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »
If that's PAL and it has a 60 pin fami slot I sort of want one. o:

most of those combo systems I see were designed for the US market so theyre NTSC and they have a 72 pin NES slot. which isnt much use to me since i have a ton of famicom carts and, like, one NES.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
DualStation / Gen-X
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »
taizou
Jun 1 2011, 12:14:58 PM
most of those combo systems I see were designed for the US market so theyre NTSC and they have a 72 pin NES slot. which isnt much use to me since i have a ton of famicom carts and, like, one NES.[/quote]Hence why if you don't live in North America or Japan, it's best to get a TV that can support NTSC signals. ;) Call me crazy, but I always found PAL slowdown to be rather annoying.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
DualStation / Gen-X
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 03:54:18 AM »
taizou
Jun 1 2011, 12:14:58 PM
If that's PAL and it has a 60 pin fami slot I sort of want one. o:

most of those combo systems I see were designed for the US market so theyre NTSC and they have a 72 pin NES slot. which isnt much use to me since i have a ton of famicom carts and, like, one NES.[/quote]Well, I bought it and, must say, it DOES work as the usual famiclones and megadriveclones do. Famicom mode uses its' most beloved timing, while MegaDrive mode has PAL timing which doesn't affect the music anyhow, though.

Extra features: region switch on the rear side of the console (for MD games, mostly) and built-in 19-in-1 cart (also for the MegaDrive side). Bad side: well, extra joypads ARE available in the shop, but there's still no lightguns for this sweetie  >_>