Pirate Discussion > Pirate Talk

Cube Technology

<< < (2/13) > >>

taizou:
i notice theyre taking credit for "Russia" (the bubble based tetris clone that goes under about ten other names) which I always thought was Nice Code.. especially with that music that shows up in so much of their other stuff. and "Fruit" uses the same font NIce Code always used. But those two are also kinda unique in that theyre vt02 (ie standard famiclone) games that arent hacks or just plain stolen.

codeman38:
So Helli Mission was definitely developed by Cube Tech... and yet, the copyright is definitely owned by Waixing. So I guess Waixing bought games from both Nice Code and Cube Tech.And yeah, I'd always thought "Russia" was Nice Code as well. I'm just getting confused now...

taizou:
That might explain some of Cube Tech's hacks (the newer ones that are credited to "Winners" on my 88 in 1 joystick) being on the 222+23 in 1 multi mentioned in this thread - i thought it was odd at the time because I thought they were made by Macro Winners. but that multi is by some Fuzhou company which kinda smells like a front for Waixing, so itd make sense if theyd bought games from Cube before.

Awesome Panda:
Wait, if Helli-Mission was made by Cube Tech, then wouldn't that mean the other games on the Vii (in the games section at least) were made by them as well? I'm pretty sure the Slalom hack is by them at least, which I couldn't find on their website. On the other hand, Autoboat Contest looks like a Nice Code game more than anything, so I guess companies bought games off both of them for their Famiclones or something like that.

taizou:
well in the Vii's case it looks like Waixing bought games from both Cube and Nice Code .. and maybe made a few themselves. then licensed the whole lot to the company that actually made the console. Or something like that.

but that still doesnt explain Russia and Fruit being on their website. i dunno, maybe Cube bought them from Nice Code in an attempt to move away from just hacking shit. or maybe they just forgot which games they actually made - listing stuff stolen from Nintendo among others doesnt seem to bother them too much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version