Pirate Discussion > Pirate Talk

Cube Technology

(1/13) > >>

taizou:
I just came across this while looking for info on some of those VRT systems - a company from Shenzhen called Cube Technology (立方科技有限公司) which claimed to have "16bit TV game ,100 different types of games." this led me to their alibaba page naming Wise Wang as a contact .. and how could I forget a fantastic name like that. its the same person named in the EmuVT emulator credited to DJ-Jungle. unfortunately there was no sign of a website at that point, until I found this, which lists it as www.cubetac.com (and also claims they develop "18-bit" games. hmm). but that's down.

What isnt down is their new site: http://tec-cube.com
complete with a game list! so it looks like we have a developer for those weird games from the MiWi. *and* apparently the hacks from the Arcade Action 101 in 1 etc, even the ones credited to Macro Winners or Inventor (which is kinda odd, because the MW ones definitely seem to have been created by a different team.. maybe they obtained the, uh, "rights" to Inventor's hacks in 2004 somehow and just set about making some of their own to add to the set?).

btw I love that even the game list on their damn website has repeats in it.. and unmodified copies of japanese games mixed in there (Volleyball even still says "Nintendo" in the screenshot). old habits die hard i guess :D

now judging from the fact that Wise Wang works for them, and they were at some point called "Cubetac", I wonder if this company is some kind of offshoot from Jungletac.. their website does say (via google translate) "The team was founded in 2004, 2008, changed its name registered as "cubic Technology Limited." ". so the team might have existed within Jungletac before going off on its own.

theres also a seemingly connected company called Shenzhen Biikoo (深圳市碧空科技有限公司) which, in all english sources, seems to be a manufacturer of various telecommunications stuff, but Chinese pages like this one mention game development for various VT systems. old archived versions of their no longer existent website seem to show them only moving into games in 2008 (and even mentions EmuVT) so maybe, for some reason, the ex-jungletac people had connections within Biikoo and used that as kinda launchpad for Cubetac/Cube Technology?

codeman38:
Hm, there's definitely a connection between Cube Technology and Macro Winners. Check out the mascot of Cube's matching game...And not only did they develop the weird original games we had actually seen footage of on the MiWi, but they also developed the "Newly Released 24 Games" for the MiWi too.They also had a definite connection to Advance Bright - see this screenshot.Y'know, I think Pro Genius is a hack of Flappy. Dunno what makes me think that... :P (Also, "PRESS STAST".)

Awesome Panda:
codeman38Dec 30 2010, 07:35:52 PMHm, there's definitely a connection between Cube Technology and Macro Winners. Check out the mascot of Cube's matching game[/quote]Wait, isn't YMK also one of the names on the top 10 screen of Helli-Mission by (the inappropriately named) Nice Code? (there's a video which shows it here)

BTW, are those other characters in the game other toys in the Andy Brown series or something, or were they just made up for the game?

codeman38 Y'know, I think Pro Genius is a hack of Flappy. Dunno what makes me think that... :P (Also, "PRESS STAST".) [/quote]

I think the level design kind of gives that away. :P

codeman38:
Also, I'm noticing several credits in these screenshots to a company called "YMK". Wonder if that's another name for CubeTac or what?And wow, yeah, you're right: YMK was indeed credited as one of the "nmae"s in Helli Mission.Bobby Go! is even more impressive of a Mario hack than Pandamar. Wow.Hm, no wonder. Maybe Helli Mission isn't Nice Code's work. CubeTech lists it on their site. Also, "PREEE START"!Blatant copyright infringement ahoy! I don't think Disney or Hudson endorsed that one...

Awesome Panda:
codeman38Dec 30 2010, 07:51:11 PMMaybe Helli Mission isn't Nice Code's work. CubeTech lists it on their site. Also, "PREEE START"![/quote]I've got no idea at this point. Hell, at this point I can't even tell if the game uses the same sound engine as Nice Code's games.

Codeman38 Bobby Go! is even more impressive of a Mario hack than Pandamar. Wow.[/quote]
Given the laziness of Pandamar, that's not saying much. :P Also note that the main character is called XDW.

Codeman38 Blatant copyright infringement ahoy! I don't think Disney or Hudson endorsed that one... [/quote]
All I'll say is, thank God they spelled the name right. :lol:

Also, I think Smart Andy is a hack of the homebrew Bombsweeper game.

Looking through that site more myself, I'll just point out the less obvious hacks and some random things I noticed while looking through them. :P

The Elevator Action hack has Spy Vs Spy in the title for whatever reason I can't determine.

Maze Trooper(?) is a hack of Duck by Bit Corp.

Cimi Home is a hack of Onyanko Town.

Van 1 looks like a less awful version of the Inventor hack.

Space Arrow is a hack of Zunou Senkan Galg, and the font on the title screen looks very similar to the Robocop logo.

F1 Race appears to be a hack of, well, F-1 Race. The glitchy-looking scrolling makes that especially apparent.

Baseball looks like a glitched up version of the Nintendo game, and I'm not exactly knowledgable on the sport but last time I checked those extra lines weren't supposed to be there. :P

Winter Cup appears to be identical to Ice Hockey, for what I can tell from that screenshot.

And it appears that in the midst of all of the Inventor hacks at the bottom, a hack of Xiao Ma Li is present. Looks the same though as far as I can tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version