Author Topic: Old new dumps thread (don't use this anymore!)  (Read 34691 times)

g0me3

• View Profile
Old new dumps thread (don't use this anymore!)
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2011, 07:28:26 AM »
hmm, the second look I see there is no problem, all games are accessible by default at the beginning... But instead if you reset it 5-6 times, second half of games will be inaccessible... Fixed text info too, sorry ;)

only first 8K of data is from c&d, second half of CHR is mostly empty, only second copy of X-War game there exists, so probably another one version of that cart exists with single game dip cofiguration. there is a lot more interesting thing inside, for example, first half of CHR contains some programm and chr data for some Waixing game with copyrights... Probably it was a part of some OneBus cart...
ahh, false alarm ;) data is for menu actually, "waixing"-alike copyrights are for alpine skiing ;)

It's very common for FKC23 boards, a lot of unused space. Some of them fully loaded, some of them - don't. Some fully loaded with many of games, by selecting dip switch, sells as single game carts! you can buy it, resolder and obtain from 3 to 7 new games in one cart... I think it's just cheaper to produce whole 8M+8M bunch of carts and reprogramm them just partially, than using a shitload of memory configurations...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:32:18 AM by g0me3 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2011, 08:08:06 AM »
g0me3
Aug 4 2011, 07:28:26 AM
only first 8K of data is from c&d, second half of CHR is mostly empty, only second copy of X-War game there exists, so probably another one version of that cart exists with single game dip cofiguration. there is a lot more interesting thing inside, for example, first half of CHR contains some programm and chr data for some Waixing game with copyrights... Probably it was a part of some OneBus cart...[/quote]I don't this cart has anything to do with the OneBus. Those hacks came out around about 2001 (apart from the Rad Racer hack which came out in 1997, I think) and I don't think OneBus was around until about 2005. The multicart itself could have been made long afterwards, but the ROM works on a standard iNES mapper.

g0me3

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2011, 08:23:39 AM »
there, returned copyrights back...

there is also cheat at the copyrights screen. press ULDRBA, and after you beat any level, another copyright screen will appear.

"standart iNES" mapper asigned by chinese people not so long ago, previously i'm using it as UNIF mapper in my fceu, and that mapper and according board FK23C is most common generic famicom mapper out there... most of fancy menus with music and animation made on it...

Attachments:

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
here's the 2nd copyright screen:

the text is:
上海天苑科技实业公司
版权所有
总经理:曹怀贞
1997年元月

which is something like:
Shanghai Paradise Science & Technology Co., Ltd
All Rights Reserved
General Manager: Cao Huaizhen
January 1997

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
I'm happy to finally play this cart (made by ABL, I suppose?). The Silkworm hack looks pretty bad but at least it's better than most of the other Inventor hacks. Pretty nice gesture from ABL to fix the Pooyan hack, giving it a name on real English and changing the music order. Also, in this version the bonus stage is played over the same background of level 2 instead of level 1 as in the original game.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »
I'm still wondering just what the relationship is, if any, between Shanghai Paradise and Inventor.
For no explicable reason whatsoever, Fred and Wilma Flintstone can be found at 0x7B010 and 0xFB010 in the 12-in-1 ROM. As far as I know, there's no Flintstones game there (unless it's one of the alternate DIPs that I can't seem to activate in FCEU).

Edit: Also, at 0x100010, Chip & Dale's title screen! No other CHR that I can find from that game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:43:54 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »
codeman38
Aug 4 2011, 12:36:12 PM
For no explicable reason whatsoever, Fred and Wilma Flintstone can be found at 0x7B010 and 0xFB010 in the 12-in-1 ROM. As far as I know, there's no Flintstones game there (unless it's one of the alternate DIPs that I can't seem to activate in FCEU).[/quote]I'm pretty sure there's no Flintstones games on there; the only ones I know of are 384KB and there's definitely no game on there that big. They probably just stuck the graphics on there in a vain attempt to confuse people. :lol:

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
codeman38
I'm still wondering just what the relationship is, if any, between Shanghai Paradise and Inventor.[/quote]I think they were both run by this Cao person. i found something about that in Chinese once, i'll see if i can track it down again..

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
taizou
Aug 4 2011, 04:12:25 PM
codeman38
I'm still wondering just what the relationship is, if any, between Shanghai Paradise and Inventor.[/quote]I think they were both run by this Cao person. i found something about that in Chinese once, i'll see if i can track it down again..[/quote]Ah, yes, I seem to recall that being mentioned on maxzhou88's blog, now that you mention it. (Also, that Inventor's Chinese name, when run through Google Translate, becomes "Hundreds of Millions of Germans".)

Edit: Nope, no mention of Inventor in either of maxzhou88's posts on Shanghai Paradise (Skiing and Super Hang On, respectively). I'm misremembering, clearly.

Edit 2: Aha, it was on Maxzhou's blog, just not that post. It was in this post on the history of Chinese gaming (Google translation).

dodgy Google translation

After ten years, Cao teacher's focus from hardware to software, has set up Shanghai Tianyuan software, Fuzhou Tianyuan software, hundreds of millions of German software Shenzhen, Shenzhen East art software, and cooperation with Taiwan's Chi leather Sunplus software development FC on games and educational software[/quote]
Shanghai Tianyuan is, of course, Shanghai Paradise. And as mentioned above, Hundreds of Millions of Germans is Inventor.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:32:58 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
What I don't get is why an ABL cartridge would have hacks by Inventor and Shanghai Paradise. Sort of implies that Cao was working there as well, or at least someone he was working with.

BTW, I could be wrong but wouldn't the way the ROM's built suggest that ABL also made the other FK multicarts? I recall one of those containing 3 later-gen games (shite fighting game pirates, but still) and some 1st gen stuff.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 4 2011, 04:21:02 PM
What I don't get is why an ABL cartridge would have hacks by Inventor and Shanghai Paradise. Sort of implies that Cao was working there as well, or at least someone he was working with.

BTW, I could be wrong but wouldn't the way the ROM's built suggest that ABL also made the other FK multicarts? I recall one of those containing 3 later-gen games (shite fighting game pirates, but still) and some 1st gen stuff.[/quote]I think ABL just bought games from whoever. i've seen ABL consoles with games by Inventor, Nice Code, Waixing, Cube Tech, Hummer Software, VTac, Shenzhen Niutai I think, and probably more... shit, I think pretty much everyone who's ever developed a game for a plug & play console except Jungletac and Hummer Team has been represented on their stuff at some point.

& it probably just means ABL had their cart made in the same factory. I could be wrong though. Might be related to Macro Winners somehow, it has a similar design to their "GameStar" carts.
codeman38
Aug 4 2011, 04:19:48 PM
Edit 2: Aha, it was on Maxzhou's blog, just not that post. It was in this post on the history of Chinese gaming (Google translation).

dodgy Google translation

After ten years, Cao teacher's focus from hardware to software, has set up Shanghai Tianyuan software, Fuzhou Tianyuan software, hundreds of millions of German software Shenzhen, Shenzhen East art software, and cooperation with Taiwan's Chi leather Sunplus software development FC on games and educational software[/quote]
Shanghai Tianyuan is, of course, Shanghai Paradise. And as mentioned above, Hundreds of Millions of Germans is Inventor. [/quote]oh yeah, that was it!
here's a bit about Cao's games:
Quote:

Cao teacher's collection of her family still had handled more than 25,000 different game cards, most of which are combined or modified other people's games, there are a few original titles such as "Monkey King", "Jurassic hunt" and to commemorate Hong Kong in 1997 and the development of "1997 Hong Kong Beijing Rally." [/quote]
"modified other people's games", that sounds about right. I guess Jurassic Hunt is that Jurassic Park lightgun game with the Sunsoft sound engine.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:41:41 PM by taizou »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
taizou
Aug 4 2011, 04:34:51 PM
Quote:

and to commemorate Hong Kong in 1997 and the development of "1997 Hong Kong Beijing Rally." [/quote][/quote]I'm pretty sure that's the Super Hang-On pirate, which got numerous re-releases from what I've seen.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2011, 04:50:39 PM »
oh here's something else interesting:
Quote:

Two million copies in the cassette, there is a special FC co-card - "9999999-1", referred to as "7 9" card, is then a customer, please Cao teachers do.  Game two is on the menu choice to fly the birds, the background music is "Ghost."  The emergence of these cards together, marking the FC game in China, entered the final glory.[/quote]
"Ghost" is a translation of 人鬼情未了 which seems to be the Chinese name for Unchained Melody (as well as the movie "Ghost", hence the translation), judging from google. so i'm guessing that's a reference to the Unchained Melody multicarts..
Cheetahmen
Aug 4 2011, 04:49:09 PM
taizou
Aug 4 2011, 04:34:51 PM
Quote:

and to commemorate Hong Kong in 1997 and the development of "1997 Hong Kong Beijing Rally." [/quote][/quote]I'm pretty sure that's the Super Hang-On pirate, which got numerous re-releases from what I've seen.[/quote]Yeah I think so. Alps Skiing is more or less a hack of that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:52:16 PM by taizou »

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
Talking about the Hang-On pirate, I've been playing Alps Skiing and it turns out levels do have an end. It's just plain boring how long and easy the levels are, specially since you don't get penalized for crashing.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
taizou
Aug 4 2011, 04:50:39 PM
oh here's something else interesting:
Quote:

Two million copies in the cassette, there is a special FC co-card - "9999999-1", referred to as "7 9" card, is then a customer, please Cao teachers do.  Game two is on the menu choice to fly the birds, the background music is "Ghost."  The emergence of these cards together, marking the FC game in China, entered the final glory.[/quote]
"Ghost" is a translation of 人鬼情未了 which seems to be the Chinese name for Unchained Melody (as well as the movie "Ghost", hence the translation), judging from google. so i'm guessing that's a reference to the Unchained Melody multicarts.[/quote]Ah, that reminds me of a plug 'n' play system that used the Unchained Melody menu screen but it had a bunch of Inventor hacks as well as F-22.

BTW, does anyone know what Bubble Bob actually is? I'm hoping it's the obvious, but I somehow doubt it.