Author Topic: Finds  (Read 129046 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:17 AM »
Nope it is the first one. I'll take good pics of the box for BGW later.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Finds
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »

This almost makes up for not winning Super Fighter 2000 Alpha...Almost. (I know, I'm hard to please.)  Anyways, some random trivia before I get to the games: First, the cartridge is in V.Fame's custom cartridge, and it has their logo on the back of the box.  Second, the multicart's menu, as well as music and spelling errors, are the same as the Silver Version 12-in-1 multicart.  The multicart and everything on it boot with "Nintendo" rather than "V.Fame".  The scrolling text on the top is in English, and says "NEW MULTI 8 IN 1".  And now, the games:

1. Sango Wra: It's San Guo Zhi: Lie Chuan and it's the same as the ROM dump.  It doesn't have the company's logo in the intro.

2. Crazy Monopoly2: Crazy Richman 2, same as the ROM dump.

3. Spatio Monsters: Shi Kong Xing Shou, V.Fame's quirky Pokemon clone.  Dunno if there's a difference between the single cart and multicart releases.

4. Zook: Zook Hero Z without the credits.  I guess the reason why with this and Sango Wra is because they used the latest revision they had, which removed them.  I can't imagine them just removing them anyway seeing as their name is all over the packaging... :pandaaway:

5. Sword Fighter: The Taiwanese release of Soul Falchion, and that's about it.

6. West Story: Here's an interesting one: it's a major hack (or vice-versa) of Harry Potter and the Mystical Halo, aka Harry Potter 3.  It's themed after the novel Journey to the West, and shares Parodius' soundtrack again.  The gameplay itself is the same, but the graphics, playlist, and level design seem to be different.  Doesn't have any copyrights or anything in the intro or title.

7. SanctityMonster: Sheng Shou Wu Yu, the SRPG that got rereleased by Li Cheng as Dragon Quest 10.  It's the same save for the intro and title graphics.

8. Devil Land: Emo Dao, same as the one on the 12-in-1 multi.

Videos and whatnot soon to come, as I can't imagine this having trouble running on my Game Boy Player.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:06:23 AM by Pepper-98 »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »

Samuri: Hummer's excite and challenge plug 'n play system.  It make you more intelligent from the playing.  Game over.  Oh, and it's a PAL system, which doesn't do much good for me because I'm in the U.S. and it doesn't display properly on my TVs.  Damn.  :(

The Incredibles: Generic Sintax platformer that has you jumping and shooting crap.  The music is our favorite Lemmings soundtrack.  Again.  Again.  Boots with "Kwichvu"

Digimon Crystal: Complete copy of Li Cheng's release of Digimon 3 Crystal.  Boots with "Niutoude"

Troopers: Complete Sintax RPG.  Same as the dump.  Boots with "Kwichvu"  The top three Sintax games I got new, and they were only like 60 Yuan altogether (Ya hear that Sky League?)

Crazy Richman 2: Spare cart of the Li Cheng version.  Boots with "Niutoude"

Lost Trip: Old mono Gowin game that's featured on the Silver Version 12-in-1.  It has a Gowin logo screen at the beginning and a copyright on the title, but not much different otherwise.  Boots with "Gowin"

Two Multicarts: One that's by the same people as my other 2-in-1 featuring Shawu Story and Feng Shen Bang, and another that has Shawu Story, Chinese Pokemon Gold, Digital Monster 3, and some other crap on it.  All are the same as the ROM dumps.  Both boot with "Nintendo"

Shui Hu Shen Shou: Li Cheng release.  Aside from the copyrights erased from the title, it's the same game.

Edit: Mixed up Digimon's boot logo.  I'm awake over here.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:27:58 AM by Pepper-98 »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »
Waaaaiit. Digimon 3 Crystal boots with "Kwichvu", not "Niutoude"? I thought "Kwichvu" was a sure sign of Sintax's work...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:09:52 PM by codeman38 »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
codeman38
Sep 24 2012, 11:09:25 PM
Waaaaiit. Digimon 3 Crystal boots with "Kwichvu", not "Niutoude"? I thought "Kwichvu" was a sure sign of Sintax's work...[/quote]I mistyped that.  Troopers boots with Kwichvu, and Digimon 3 Crystal boots with Niutoude.  That's what happens when you post half-awake.

And I forgot to mention that the Samuri I got is a PAL system, which doesn't do much for me here in the United States... :(

Aaaaaand I mistyped this post as well.

.......Well then.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:42:59 PM by Pepper-98 »

Ray of Lightning

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »
Watari
Sep 24 2012, 03:52:41 PM
Samuri: Hummer's excite and challenge plug 'n play system.  It make you more intelligent from the playing.  Game over.  Oh, and it's a PAL system, which doesn't do much good for me because I'm in the U.S. and it doesn't display properly on my TVs.  Damn.  :( [/quote]I think we might soon have some business to discuss once again, Watari. B3

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
So I just want to say that I went ahead and purchased Monster Go! Go! 2 through taiwan shopaholic. But sadly even when it comes I'll have to wait till Christmas to play it. Sorry for the wait in advance.

Since this is on a similar note. How long should I wait for taiwan shopaholic to contact me after I've placed an order? Any knowledge or help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:00:17 PM by Picrodus »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
Picrodus
Sep 28 2012, 10:31:19 PM
Since this is on a similar note. How long should I wait for taiwan shopaholic to contact me after I've placed an order? Any knowledge or help would be appreciated.[/quote]They'll definitely get in contact with you.  I think they normally give you an order update or whatever on like Monday or Tuesday or something.  I know for me they always send me an e-mail each week letting me know what's going on, and if it has to do with payment then they send it to you ASAP.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »

Just a labeless cart of Soul Falchion from Taiwan.  Yes, they shipped it in that giant envelope despite it containing the one dinky thing.  >_>   Anyway, it boots with "SOUL" in italics and, oddly enough, it has the Chinese version's soundtrack rather the Super Fighter Alpha one like on the Silver Version 12-in-1.  The other thing is that again, unlike the multicart version, everyone's palette matches correctly, so Lulu is green like she's supposed to rather than orange.  Oh, and another thing is that the music that plays in each stage is shuffled around from the Chinese version (or at least my Li Cheng copy) despite the soundtrack and sound test all being the same.

I'm wondering if the multicart version is a pre-release or prototype version of the game, ditto with Digimon Pocket, because they both have stuff from older games while there's more "original" content with the single cart versions.  I know that's odd to say, seeing as their multis tend to have the latest revision of the games in question, but why replace new content with old content?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:41:34 PM by Pepper-98 »

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2012, 01:56:29 AM »
taizou
Jul 1 2011, 08:21:45 PM
three of them are Xing Xing yeah, the first two were just random ones I picked up because they were cheap and I was already getting Rainbow Prince from the same seller so the shipping wasnt any extra.

so from left to right, top to bottom, heres what they really are:
1. Some Konami mono RPG, translated to Chinese. I think it was fan translated in English as well but I dunno its real name.
2. Monster Race by Koei. still in Japanese
3. amazing label right? :rolleyes:  its a Xing Xing game anyway, "King of Fighters 2006" (the listings actually showed a box for both this and "Digimon" which I never got). its really a Chinese translation of KOF '97, the hack possibly by Vast Fame that combines 95 & 96
4. Rainbow Prince!
5. the Yong Yong game
6. Rockman X2 translated to Chinese. i was hoping for Zook Z really. D:

[/quote]I know it's been a very long time since this post taizou, but I was wondering if you still had the Yong Yong game... I know this sounds stupid to most people, but I actually like the Yong Yong games. Just wondering though.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Finds
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
Yeah, I do still have it - I'm still going to record a video of this thing at some point.

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »
Quick question here. (Thought it would fit into the finds thread) I recently dug up an image and was wondering if anyone here has seen this game or maybe a ruten auction? Just thought I might ask. Any help would be appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:24:10 AM by Picrodus »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2012, 08:22:13 AM »
ah i saw that once before, on Yahoo I think. Someone bought it before I got a chance though. Its almost certainly a GBC game in a GBA-style case anyway.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #313 on: October 08, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »
Pokemon XD, some sintax game. I've seen it on a multicart at a car boot sale, but it was too expensive.

Maybe if you could afford it, it could be a good find. :D

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
oh wait, that pic is hosted on my site! no wonder i've seen it before.