Pirate Discussion > Pirate Talk

NusuttoSan's pirate game videos

<< < (2/2)

taizou:
on a sort of related note I finally figured out where the music in Metal Slug 2001 is from - The Great Battle Pocket. i knew it was stolen from somewhere.

Cheetahmen Well if that was the case, that'd mean Yong Yong worked for Sachen before leaving to make their own games. [/quote]
well Rockman 8 and Sonic 3D Blast 5 must have come before Thunder Blast Man, theyre mono games. so I guess Sachen just hired them to make that one game, because they couldnt do it themselves (im assuming all their in-house developers left around 1995)

Awesome Panda:
taizouAug 17 2010, 12:50:02 PMCheetahmen Well if that was the case, that'd mean Yong Yong worked for Sachen before leaving to make their own games. [/quote]
well Rockman 8 and Sonic 3D Blast 5 must have come before Thunder Blast Man, theyre mono games. so I guess Sachen just hired them to make that one game, because they couldnt do it themselves (im assuming all their in-house developers left around 1995)[/quote]If they all left in 1995 then who did the Jurassic Boy 2 and Street Heroes ports?

taizou:
Ei How Yang maybe. but he can kinda be linked to Yong Yong too. its a bit of a mystery really. I just don't think Sachen would keep a full development team but not release a single original game between 1994/5 and 1999/2000 - they probably hired a few people back (probably including EHY) to develop those two games, or outsourced development to whatever company he was working for at the time.

codeman38:
taizouAug 17 2010, 12:50:02 PMon a sort of related note I finally figured out where the music in Metal Slug 2001 is from - The Great Battle Pocket. i knew it was stolen from somewhere.[/quote]Ooh, good catch again! Typical Sintax.

Incidentally, both Great Battle and Super Robot Taisen are by Bandai/Banpresto. Though I doubt that's of any significance, since Sintax has also stolen music from J-Wing (Lemmings) and Nintendo themselves (Pokemon Pinball).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version