Author Topic: Pokemon Stadium MD?  (Read 12852 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
What you do is hold the A button down to fill the attack meter, each of your 4 attacks are done by filling up 1/4 of the meter. 1/4 meter filled is attack 1, 1/2 filled is attack 2, etc.

You hold A down to fill the meter, then you release and (I think) you press B to choose an attack. The attacks you can pick from will be highlighted as your meter fills up.

It's stupid because if you're content with picking the 1st weak attack, you can always attack before the opponent. The SNES version had a moving bar, kinda like when you defend on the MD one, and you tried to press A when it landed on a certain spot to initiate an attack.

etabeta78

• View Profile
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »
RobGBA
Mar 17 2013, 09:19:18 AM
Oh, all the versions reset after first battle unless you've got HazeMD. :\[/quote]does it really work on HazeMD?
I'm on OSX so I cannot test directly, but the same exact code used by HazeMD makes the game to reset after the first match in MESS, because the game writes to the bankswitch address...

Yoni Arousement

• View Profile
    • http://yonihq.blogspot.com
Pokemon Stadium MD?
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 07:46:14 AM »
Here is a MediaFire mirror of the patched ROM that Gafe shared. This video just modifies RAM. For an easy win, I recommend choosing Gengar because his Lvl1 attack deals 20 points of damage or use the code 00100C:0002 to start off against Windy. It seems that Stage 2 is the only Stage that causes the game to reset - all the other Stages do not have this problem.

Edit: Whoops, that ROM still resets upon starting the 2nd match. I'll see if I can circumvent this issue.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:17:44 PM by Yoni Arousement »