Pirate Discussion > Hacker Center

Donkey Kong Country 4 hack

<< < (2/2)

Doomkid:
Cheetahmen, this hack is awesome and fixes the things that annoyed me oh-so-much about it originally.. Makes a decent game even better, I felt compelled to beat it all the way through a second time around because of this. :)

Ive been attepmting to do something similar to SMW NES. The Mushrooms look stupid in that game, like their face is slightly elongated compared to the mushrooms in smb3 / the real Mario World. That was easy to fix, so then I decided I would remove all the 3 eyed sun logos and that too was easy... but then fixing the small mario sprite to look more like the real SMW's small mario sprite has proven very difficult.. There is a hack of smb3 called Mario Chronicles which changes the small mario sprite to look like it does in Mario World, but even using that as a refernce was difficult. Here's the alteration I was attempting:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/marioz.png/

sadly it didnt work out that way... I misaligned everything by 1 pexel and now mario looks as if he's had a stroke.... But you're really good at these hacks, if you had a go at it maybe you could get some great results. The Mario Chronicles hack really helps as a reference for how to 8 bit-ify the mario worl enemy graphics.

SMW NES is basically perfect when it comes to the rhinos, goombas, chargin' chucks, boos and eeries, Ninjis, thwomps, fish and Pirhana plants... But the incorrect turtles, small mario and mushroom graphics have always bugged me.. But if they were fixed, then combined with the game genie code which fixes the way Mario jumps.... We could have a decent Mario World for NES on our hands. :p

Awesome Panda:
FaceplantJun 17 2011, 06:34:00 PMCheetahmen, this hack is awesome and fixes the things that annoyed me oh-so-much about it originally.. Makes a decent game even better, I felt compelled to beat it all the way through a second time around because of this. :)

Ive been attepmting to do something similar to SMW NES. The Mushrooms look stupid in that game, like their face is slightly elongated compared to the mushrooms in smb3 / the real Mario World. That was easy to fix, so then I decided I would remove all the 3 eyed sun logos and that too was easy... but then fixing the small mario sprite to look more like the real SMW's small mario sprite has proven very difficult.. There is a hack of smb3 called Mario Chronicles which changes the small mario sprite to look like it does in Mario World, but even using that as a refernce was difficult. Here's the alteration I was attempting:

sadly it didnt work out that way... I misaligned everything by 1 pexel and now mario looks as if he's had a stroke.... But you're really good at these hacks, if you had a go at it maybe you could get some great results. The Mario Chronicles hack really helps as a reference for how to 8 bit-ify the mario worl enemy graphics.

SMW NES is basically perfect when it comes to the rhinos, goombas, chargin' chucks, boos and eeries, Ninjis, thwomps, fish and Pirhana plants... But the incorrect turtles, small mario and mushroom graphics have always bugged me.. But if they were fixed, then combined with the game genie code which fixes the way Mario jumps.... We could have a decent Mario World for NES on our hands. :p[/quote]I might try to do that if I can figure out what that Game Genie code does. /:)

KingPepe:
FaceplantJun 17 2011, 06:34:00 PMCheetahmen, this hack is awesome and fixes the things that annoyed me oh-so-much about it originally.. Makes a decent game even better, I felt compelled to beat it all the way through a second time around because of this. :)

SMW NES is basically perfect when it comes to the rhinos, goombas, chargin' chucks, boos and eeries, Ninjis, thwomps, fish and Pirhana plants... But the incorrect turtles, small mario and mushroom graphics have always bugged me.. But if they were fixed, then combined with the game genie code which fixes the way Mario jumps.... We could have a decent Mario World for NES on our hands. :p[/quote]Funny enough, I tried doing a graphics hack of it and it seemed that almost all the SNES sprites could fit in with the NES ones. (So Hummer did trace it off screenshots or the TV) I don't know if I still have it, I'll check.

MLX:
I think they may have tryed to copy everything perfectly but the result may have been not good looking so they made their own for some stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version