Author Topic: Finds  (Read 128698 times)

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #390 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »
Got my package today! So now I can finally consider myself a lucky owner of Summer Carnival '92 - Recca. Here are the photos of my new swag. all done really cheaply:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Didn't know that Golden Gard also had Recca in its' "portfolio" until I saw this cart on the auction...

Also note how the Ristar cartridge was "Made in Russia". And Captain Borf on the front cover. :pandaaway:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:35:00 AM by Crash Nicker »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #391 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »
KAGE-008
Apr 10 2013, 08:52:30 PM
RobGBA
Apr 8 2013, 11:11:02 AM
Final Fantasy DX3 (9)
Lord of The Rings 3[/quote]I'd like to see footage of these two. Also I think that FFDX3 cart is more dumpable than the original one.[/quote]Final Fantasy IX already has footage, but I suppose I could try and do a full playthrough someday.
Lord of The Rings 3 doesn't work on my Game Boy Player for some reason, BTW. :( It would be pretty difficult for me to do some footage. (I'll be working on getting a cheat cart to get past the boot screen though.)

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »

So I got:

*GB Boy Colour

*Xin Feng Shen Bang 2 (which actually came with the GB Boy? I don't know, I wasn't expecting it. Oh well, two copies of XFSB. :lol: )

Oh and I got a DSTWO, but it's not pirated, so I didn't take a pic.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
Finds
« Reply #393 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:45 AM »
New stuff from Taobao, which I haven't ordered from in a while.

Capcom vs. SNK Millenium Fight 2001: A kinda crappy fighting game by Makon.  Has some borrowed stuff from Street Heroes, but the music seems to be redone rather than using the GB port.  Normal  Nintendo boot logo.

Metal Slug 2001: A different revision to the dumped version, featuring an unglitched pause sound and ending, plus no slowed down hit animation in water and different sound effects for grabbing items.  Seems to be a generic, as it has a short board and a normal boot logo.

Little Taichi and Beggar Prince: Sintax games; same as the dumps/Taizou's copy.

True Three Kingdoms: The original release of San Goku Shi: Act C.  Has the "Kwichvu" boot logo, Sintax logo before the intro, and BBD copyrights.

2003 Harry Potter IV: Same as the dump.

Pokemon GBA Game: Got this from Picrodus.  It's a Chinese title hack of Telefang 2.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2013, 07:42:47 AM »
Famiclone madness at the local car boot sale! :D I don't know too much about Famiclones, but hopefully these were good deals.

The Stuff

Power Joy: Just that Famiclone, and got it for dirt cheap. Came with PJ-008. :)

Arcade Action II: Another Famiclone! Came with a 101 in 1 (AT-103) except the board's slanted so I can't get it to work. Any ideas on how to get it back into the right place, guys? :(

118 Arcade Action Classics Cartridge Game (AT-207): And you thought the names couldn't get any bigger. For some reason it's in a Mega Drive-esque box, and it has it's on little game list on some paper. And holy crap, the menu.. It's amazingly well done! Hardly any repeats, either. Anyways, here's that list:

The List

FoxMan

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2013, 04:34:32 AM »
Well, this isn't particularly interesting, but I've finally managed to snag a copy of one of the many bootleg Pokemon ports that have been circling around Ebay for years- this one in particular being ChaosBlack. I bought it knowing full well it was going to be of hilariously low quality, and OH LAWDY, does it show. Relatively okay sprite edits with barely edited icon sprites, but since this version of the rom dates back to as early as 2006, when good Pokemon hacking tools had not yet existed, the sprites were most likely added into the game with primitive methods (like UNLZ.GBA), as one particular Pokemon, a poorly edited Cloyster, has its backsprite as its front, and when you look at the backsprite, it's hilariously glitched, with the sprite of the last Pokemon you used showing up using its own palette. In addition, a lot of the edited Pokemon had not had their catch rates edited, which means I was finding things with a 60-90 catch rate (Cloyster, Muk, Fearow) in early-game areas where they really shouldn't be.

And SPEAKING of early-game areas, the towns and cities I've encountered so far have no names- they appear as a blank text box when you walk through the towns (Route 1 and 2 were like this as well). Every wild capture you make in the routes shows up as a "fateful encounter", but the town names and route names still show up on the town map. The routes themselves are also horribly edited (most likely again using primitive tools- Most likely EliteMap since AdvanceMap hadn't existed yet), with jumping ledges all over the place, and areas blocked off until Cut is available.

Overall, it's definitely bad. I knew it was going to be from the start, but I'll probably keep playing to see if I can find anything else. I'm also trying to do some research into that game to figure out who specifically made it. Might possibly have a lead, but I'm not entirely sure. Hoping to find Quartz, Perla, DarkCry, Lugia's Ocean, Naranja and ShinyGold at some point since I know they all exist as well. I've seen them before, but never could snag them quick enough.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2013, 07:05:44 AM »
Those hacks were works in progress (and many of them stopped working on them after finding out about the pirates) so that would explain half the issues such as blank text boxes and such.

FoxMan

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Yeah, I definitely knew that was the case with a lot of those ports, including this one. I was still trying to find a lead on who might have created, though. I might have found one- a fellow by the name of Enix Zae. I'll leave him a comment to see if I can find out a little bit more information about the hack itself, but it hasn't been updated since 2008, and even then there didn't seem to be a lot of changes.

In other news, this guy messed up one of the starter's backsprites and failed to use a proper color for the background, so the background blends in with the Pokemon's sprite. Lovely!

EDIT: Quick update- the hack ends at Mt. Moon, as there's a path of water and rocks blocking the exit to Route 4. Double lovely! Guess this is going on my shelf, never to use again. Just like the pirated LeafGreen. :y
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:18:48 PM by FoxMan »

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #398 on: June 15, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Well I ghost digimon d-5 by SKOB today and...   like I guessed it is the same digimon fight game that Xanver has. But still, sweet  :D Could it be the original release?  :O

Attachments:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:54:09 PM by Picrodus »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #399 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »
Judging by the cart it might be, though I notice it doesn't seem to have the "D-5" on the cart similar to my copy of Digimon D-3.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Finds
« Reply #400 on: June 15, 2013, 08:01:46 PM »
ah yeah, i saw that listed by Sky League on Taobao, they said the Chinese title had been changed to Pokemon Sapphire or something but the English and Spanish version titles were still Digimon D-5. (It does look like an official SKOB release though)

Picrodus

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2013, 08:02:43 PM »
After reviewing Xanver's video I realised that the skob logo isn't in his game but on mine the skob logo does appear after booting. So yeah confirmed to be skob. :)

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »

Got this today in the mail.  Twenty Asder games including the Caltron 6-in-1 games and more (such as JP Ronny. :P)  And it's not even the biggest thing I'm getting in too (though it may be to some.)  Proper scans of it will come later on.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #403 on: July 08, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
Star-Spangled Shazam
Jul 8 2013, 02:09:05 PM

Got this today in the mail.  Twenty Asder games including the Caltron 6-in-1 games and more (such as JP Ronny. :P)  And it's not even the biggest thing I'm getting in too (though it may be to some.)  Proper scans of it will come later on.[/quote]I have one of those myself, which I got recently.  Great set of games, I've always enjoyed Magic Carpet 1001 or whatever it is called.  I especially like the turbo version featured on there, where I can start with the better weapons.  :)
Here is a pic of my recent finds:

Sorry for the poor picture quality.  :(  Asder 20 in 1 cart, Jurassic Boy, SMB2 Lost Levels, Power Blade 2, Dr. Mario, etc.  Finds have been slow on my end of things, recently, unfortunately.  The problem when I only need so few games for my collection.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:30:14 PM by fcgamer »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #404 on: July 11, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »

Not bootleg related, but still interesting: a sample cartridge of Magical Doropie for the Famicom!  The game itself is a late prototype of the Japanese game.  The main difference is that there's no Round 5 in the game, not even in the stage select.  When you reach the level, it plays the intro eye catch like normal, then fades to black and hangs there.  Aside from that, the only other things I've notice different are two enemy placements, a small graphical glitch in the intro, and none of the final game's cheats work.  The Japanese on the label says "Magical Kids Doropie, Vic Tokai Co."  I'm planning on getting this dumped, probably by CaH4e3 since I can't think of anybody better.