Author Topic: Waixing game list  (Read 3216 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Waixing game list
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
In trying to find out more about "Happy Biqi" from Waixing's famiclones, I discovered this list of games on Waixing's web site:

http://www.waixing.com.cn/cn/bjd1.htm | Google translation

A lot of the games listed here are things we already knew about-- Wizard of Oz, Doraemon, Phantasy Star, Biohazard.

But then... there's the section of Game Boy games, most of which I've not heard of at all. Such as "仙剑E时代" ("Legend 'E' Age")-- which, from what I can gather on Google, is a port of "Sword & Fairy", the Taiwanese DOS RPG, and is not the same port as "Heroic Sword".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:31:08 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Waixing game list
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »
Something tells me that "Pocket Gold" is Mars' horrible port of Pokémon Gold, which is odd considering that Waixing never makes an appearance in the game. And if I remember correctly, Pocket Diamond is practically the same thing.

Also, I'm guessing that the "Game" section is those multicarts with mostly Nice Code games.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Waixing game list
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
Cheetahmen
Mar 5 2011, 01:42:58 PM
Something tells me that "Pocket Gold" is Mars' horrible port of Pokémon Gold, which is odd considering that Waixing never makes an appearance in the game. And if I remember correctly, Pocket Diamond is practically the same thing.[/quote]Yeah, I was thinking the same thing-- that's got to be Mars' Pokemon Gold. I guess Waixing finally ended up publishing it after rejecting it the first time? :)

Cheetahmen

Also, I'm guessing that the "Game" section is those multicarts with mostly Nice Code games.[/quote]Yeah, I definitely agree on that. That one console full of Nice Code and Cube Tech games reviewed by that one Japanese blogger had the model number "D30", which seems right in line with all those.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waixing game list
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
codeman38
Mar 5 2011, 02:15:30 PM
Cheetahmen
Mar 5 2011, 01:42:58 PM
Something tells me that "Pocket Gold" is Mars' horrible port of Pokémon Gold, which is odd considering that Waixing never makes an appearance in the game. And if I remember correctly, Pocket Diamond is practically the same thing.[/quote]Yeah, I was thinking the same thing-- that's got to be Mars' Pokemon Gold. I guess Waixing finally ended up publishing it after rejecting it the first time? :)[/quote]Probably. Not sure why they'd bother though, because they don't seem to be a company that has financial problems. I'm guessing Mars probably threatened to stop producing games for them or something.

Looking at the list some more, I don't even recognise about half of the names there. Adventures of Tom Sawyer might be a translation of the Seta game for all I know. (It's listed as an RPG though, so I really doubt it) Also, since when did Waixing make a Monopoly game? Also, Lost World sounds like Jurassic Park to me, but I'm not really sure on that.

I'm also wondering what "Sudoku (65 built-in games)" is. It's probably a variation of Tweeterman's Sudoku 49-in-1, although that one was branded by Cheer-Tech.

Also, it'd really help to get the Chinese names of some of the games Waixing ripped off. I'd do it myself, but my knowledge of the language is practically zilch.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Waixing game list
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
Cheetahmen
Mar 5 2011, 02:33:26 PM
Looking at the list some more, I don't even recognise about half of the names there. Adventures of Tom Sawyer might be a translation of the Seta game for all I know. (It's listed as an RPG though, so I really doubt it)[/quote]Squaresoft made a Tom Sawyer RPG that never got released outside of Japan (and understandably, since the sprite for Jim was... erm... not exactly culturally sensitive, to put it mildly). Maybe it's that.

Cheetahmen

Also, since when did Waixing make a Monopoly game? Also, Lost World sounds like Jurassic Park to me, but I'm not really sure on that.[/quote]No idea about Monopoly, but maybe Lost World is the one by Hosekn? Who knows, really.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waixing game list
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
codeman38
Mar 5 2011, 05:38:37 PM
Cheetahmen
Mar 5 2011, 02:33:26 PM
Looking at the list some more, I don't even recognise about half of the names there. Adventures of Tom Sawyer might be a translation of the Seta game for all I know. (It's listed as an RPG though, so I really doubt it)[/quote]Squaresoft made a Tom Sawyer RPG that never got released outside of Japan (and understandably, since the sprite for Jim was... erm... not exactly culturally sensitive, to put it mildly). Maybe it's that.[/quote]I was going to mention that one, but I think it'd be confusing to rebrand that game Adventures of Tom Sawyer when that's the name of another Famicom game. Then again, it's probably an issue with Google Translate. Whatever it is, it certainly hasn't been dumped yet.

Cheetahmen

Also, since when did Waixing make a Monopoly game? Also, Lost World sounds like Jurassic Park to me, but I'm not really sure on that.
Codeman38

No idea about Monopoly, but maybe Lost World is the one by Hosekn? Who knows, really.[/quote][/quote]
It isn't, it's listed under the Game Boy games. Knowing Waixing, it's probably a translation of some obscure Japanese RPG I've never heard of.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Waixing game list
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 12:54:55 AM »
Just found a ROM of a Richman-style game by Henggedianzi titled "Mei Guo Fu Hao". Probably a rip of Waixing's Monopoly.
Tom Sawyer is definitely the Squaresoft RPG. It's dumped as "Tang Mu Li Xian Ji".
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:01:15 AM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Waixing game list
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 01:01:51 AM »
Looks like it - the remnants of a copyright number, 970162, are still in the ROM. and its registered to Waixing for "大富翁"