Other Stuff > Wonderful Wide Web

Action 53 is now in development

(1/3) > >>

brightentayle:
Okay, so I was browsing the internets again, looking for a nice multicart engine, until I came across...

THIS.

Long story short, Damian Yerrick decided to make a follow-up to the so very much infamous Action 52 that would include a more interactive menu, as well as a bunch of great and not-so-really-great homebrew games (there are some big names on the list, like Shiru!).

Not to mention that the menu is available to the public and, moreover, is opensource... Which makes it a great base for a multicart, apart from those OneBus-based 200-in-1 cartridges. It requires some knowledge about how NES's memory works, though...

ARProductions:
You know, the Action 52, and Cheetahmen games are horrible, but the story behind them are pretty cool. The Game Chasers did a little bit about the games in their latest video.

brightentayle:
ARProductionsJun 9 2012, 05:22:12 PMYou know, the Action 52, and Cheetahmen games are horrible, but the story behind them are pretty cool. The Game Chasers did a little bit about the games in their latest video.[/quote]I'd even say that the Cheetahmen themselves (plus their theme song) and how this piece of crap was created are perhaps the best things about Action 52, ever.

Talking about, A52's granddaddy on ZX Spectrum, Cassette 60, also had a ton of shitty games written exclusively for this, uh, multitape by a bunch of college students.

brightentayle:
Er, bump?

Pepper-98:
I'm not too big on homebrew games, honestly.  I mean, the concept of an Action 52 style multicart is interesting and could be awesome if done right, I just don't take homebrew/indie stuff to high regard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version