Author Topic: Glorysun's Lord of the Rings trilogy  (Read 2471 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Glorysun's Lord of the Rings trilogy
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »
I know this is mostly irrelevant, but I figured I'd point out this little bit of info I found tonight.

A while back I dumped Glorysun's Lord of the Rings fighting game (a sprite hack of Chinese Fighter III) and it was referred to on the box as "3" and "Return of the King". Then the Stormlord hack by Glorysun was dumped here. So I figured that was why the fighting game was referred to as part 3, since the Stormlord hack already had been named "Lord of the Rings". But where was part 1?

As luck would have it I found out tonight. After buying a LotR MD cart & assuming it was the Stormlord hack (it wasn't), I was pleasantly surprised to find out this new cart was the "official" Glorysun sequel. So Glorysun released 3 different LotR themed games:

Lord of the Rings - hack of Stormlord
Lord of the Rings 2: The Twin Towers - hack of Rings of Power
Lord of the Rings 3: Return of the King - hack of Chinese Fighter III

As far as I can tell, the Rings of Power hack is just a crappy title screen only hack (which also has GLORYSUN plastered all over the bottom portion of the title). Now to see if the naked lady code still works :)

pichichi010

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:37:56 PM »
Are all those games in that website only for Megadrive?

Feel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 04:42:16 AM »
pichichi010
Aug 21 2012, 02:37:56 PM
Are all those games in that website only for Megadrive?[/quote]Yep. And most of 'em are pure crap.