Pirate Discussion > Other Pirates

DDR Disney Mix (?!)

(1/6) > >>

codeman38:
So here's something interesting I discovered while searching for videos of plug-n-play consoles on YouTube:

Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix

Yes, this is an officially licensed console by Konami and Disney. So why am I bringing it up in a pirate games forum? Well, just listen to it.

Perhaps my ears are deceiving me, but it sure sounds like Konami outsourced their work to whoever did the music for Shenzhen Nanjing's games and/or Gold Leopard King Dance.  8D

Barver:
That sounds too much like a coincidence. Maybe they outsourced the work to a company that was NJ under a different company name?

Even the sound effects are the same as all of NJs crap :o

codeman38:
BarverFeb 11 2011, 01:28:17 AMEven the sound effects are the same as all of NJs crap :o[/quote]Hee, I noticed that as well. That one rising scale sound effect is so distinctive.Speaking of bootleggy licensed products, there's this "Dance Master" dance mat sold by the Home Shopping Network. Very clearly the same engine as the Gold Leopard King and its ilk, but from everything I can find, the tinny 8-bit versions of the tunes appear to have actually been licensed by Sony Music (!!).

Edit: *snort* The music may have been licensed, but the Dance Master mat is still totally bootleg. It includes Nintendo Pinball and Tengen Tetris. Seriously.

Awesome Panda:
That definitely uses the same sound engine as Hot Dance 2000 and all of those other ones. Not sure if you noticed but it also seems to run on the OneBus technology.

Also, how the hell is anyone supposed to play Tetris on a dance mat? XD
Edit: Looking at those some more some of the sound effects on DDR Disney Mix are the same ones that are used in Nice Code's horrible games. And if the copyright on the title screen says 2001, then that'd mean that the OneBus technology existed by then.

Oh, and if those songs are officially licensed then aren't some of those DDR things actually legal? :|

BTW, nice to see a remake of Take on Me that sucks less than the one on Beat @ Box. :D
Edit 2: I was just looking around on eBay for TV games and I stumbled on this, I might be wrong but this seems to be another variation of these things. What tips me off is that it lists "Pinball game" among the 3 games in 1 list, which I'm pretty sure is the Nintendo game. Curious as to what that "Knock Out" game is though; Mike Tyson's Punchout or one of those awful boxing games like on the 8-bit Vii? Then again, it's probably that whack-a-mole game that's on Hot Dance 2000. (Which is actually a hack of Hit Marmot by NTDEC)

Also, I like how the last two songs are Christmas songs, which is odd for a DDR clone methinks.

codeman38:
Knockout is indeed Hit Marmot; it's shown on the HSN video.

Oddly enough, that one is also the Dance Master 3-- no idea why they sold the exact same unit with Tetris on some and Hit Marmot on others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version