Other Stuff > The Big Old Arcade

Computer Games you used to play when you were a kid

(1/5) > >>

D-Pad Doc:
I saw someone talking about this at another forum I go to, and I thought that it may be a fun idea to ask all of you about computer games you used to play when you were a kid.

For me, I used to have fond memories of playing such games like Reader Rabbit, Math Blaster, the Jump Start games, and some of Humongous Entertainment's games (Putt-Putt, Let's Explore with Buzzy, Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, Backyard Sports, etc.) when I was back at the collaborative and elementary school, among some others I forgot about ages ago.

How about you, are there any computer games you played when you were little?

Awesome Panda:
(Copied from RX)

From what I remember:
Solitaire
Minesweeper
Hearts
Theme Hospital
SimCity
SimCity 2000
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Sonic CD (PC version, of course)
Sonic R
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic & Knuckles Collection (Essentially the PC version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
Speedy Eggbert
The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield
Monopoly
Lego Island
Pharaoh
An educational game, can't remember the name of it :\
Bug!
Pipe Mania
Volfied
Grand Theft Auto 2 :whistle:

EDIT: The avatar on here is from Panda Adventure :P - KingPepe

Smedis2:
I,to be honest,grew up on games like Pajama Sam and such.
God,I played them again on ScummVM and my memories just FLEW right back at me. :D

Doomkid:
I realize it's a bump, but more people need to reply to this topic!

As a kid, my favorite PC games were:

Doom (and many many MANY mods - in fact about 5 years on and off of my life was devoted to making Doom levels and graphic modifications after school and such)
Wolfenstien
Duke Nukem 3D
Sims: House Party (or Livin' Large - same thing either way basically)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.. 1st one was okay, 3rd one quite frankly blows butthole.
GTA 3 was a bit of a crack addiction for a while there
Gunbound
Pac Man clones galore... Including Pac-Guy!

I even used to play that DOS homebrew called Mario & Luigi quite a bit, until I realized how short (and boring) it was. I guess most of my PC gaming has been through emulation of consoles though, honestly! :P I guess thats what happens when you grow up on only Nintendo consoles..

Awesome Panda:
FaceplantJul 3 2011, 11:21:15 AMRoller Coaster Tycoon 2.. 1st one was okay, 3rd one quite frankly blows butthole.[/quote]Never played the third one, but the first one was my favourite. Not entirely sure why, but it keeps my interest for a fair bit longer.

Oh, and I've played pretty much every 2D Worms game on PC. (Apart from the first one, I had the PS1 port of it instead)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version